Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

3d printer service Cocoon Create

I had to do a service to my 3d printer this morning as I tore the print surface the other day trying to get a print off.

The printer has an aluminium plate with an adhesive print surface on top. The adhesive surface came off easy but the glue that held it in place needed plenty of Goof off and a paint scraper.

The new adhesive surface is now applied and I took the time to lubricate the rails and bearings with some Selley's Ezy Glide spray.

I also cleaned the hot end fan and lubricated it too, it's now running a lot quieter. I think the bearings in the fan dry out because I use isopropyl alcohol to clean the print bed when the fan is running and the alcohol gets sucked into the fan.

After leveling the bed I'm now printing a psu mount for an 8" floppy drive. (As you do)

I now crank the temperature up to 220 degrees C when printing with PLA (especially the white) as it seems to adhere really well. (A bit too well sometimes)

I also use a paint scraper with the edge ground thinner to remove prints so this may need cleaning up too as I might have a burr on the edge.

Cheers Trev.087de81b4ef5f364ebb2d819f8b1c52a.jpgdd1748f39b59a468fe5b96bee5983696.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk