Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Williams Cyclone playfield overlay?

How much and who was the shipping quoted through so we can have a ball park figure to work with?

CPR website:

USD 649.- + 219.- intl. shipping = 868.-

= AUD 1095.-

I'm guessing a playfield overlay would be +/- in the couple of AUD hundreds..?

That does sound a bit xxy. I'm only surely guessing that must be with full insurance and delivered to your door within 6 hours of purchase:o

I'm guessing its shipped in a tube and not a big flat package (do not bend/fold?).

do you know anyone in the states that it could be shipped to and then forwarded onto you?

Ok I just did a search on CPR and the Cyclone listed is a WHOLE playfield and not an overlay. If this is the case I think considering the now sized package would be justifiable. Link below.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-playfields.html

I see your pain but I've never heard of an overlay for a cyclone. It's the best game of that trilogy IMO and maybe it would deserve a new PF if the rest of the game is in good nick.

Hi there,

Anyone has or knows where to find a playfield overlay for Williams Cyclone?

(CPR have the playfield but shipping to Australia is a killer...) :(

Thanks!

Out of interest mate, how bad is the condition of the one you currently have? Got an photos?

I did an overlay on one off my machines and let me tell you , if a repro playfield was available I would definitely go down that path no matter what the cost , by the time you find the artwork, make it all line up properly, get it printed , clear coat it , you won't be far of that nice new CPR playfield

Just a FYI for anyone looking for a reproduction Cyclone playfield - I ordered a Mirco Funhouse playfield recently and asked if they had any plans to adding Cyclone to the stable - they have told me yes, the definitely will sometime in the next 12 months & already have the art for it. They gave no more ETA than that.

From the advise of another member who has possibly the nicest pinball restorations i have ever seen, the Mirco's shit all over the CPR in quality. The CPR's tend to have grading issues and generally require additional clear coats which then again increases your odds of quality issues. Mirco's use a ceramic clear coat and the example i got shown was incredible - it definitely did not require any additional clear coating.

Pricing wise, the Funhouse put me back around $1150 including postage from Germany to Australia.

I will definitely be waiting for the Mirco Cyclone = will put some drool pics up of the Funhouse once it arrives