Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

A pinball reward

My wife came home from work as a teachers aid on Monday. She explained that a young autistic boy in her class had told her about going to a place on the weekend and playing some pinball there. The wife had never spoken about pinball in class before.

The 7year old did not stop talking about it all day and she asked me if I had any old pin stuff in the shed that she could use to make some sort of a reward for good behaviour in class for him.

I told her that I had piles of stuff that would never get used again and whipped this up for for the little fella.

He’s going to see it tomorrow. Hope he likes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Administrators

Top effort! Stuff like this can make all the difference to kids with disabilities.

I think we can underestimate the value of a gesture like this because it was "whipped up" but it can mean the world to a special needs kid.

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, PM me your postage details and I will send you a set of the pin restoration DVDs that Brad (Darksoul) gave us at AA to raise a few bucks or reward outstanding contributions from members. One good turn deserves another! @Darksoul this looked like a deserving cause to me Brad, waddaya think?.

Dave

The young lad will cherish this gift for a long time to come. I think you may need to supply some spare flipper rubbers as he will wear them out real quick.

Also please don't underestimate the effect this gesture will have on his parents knowing that there are people who care for, listen and take an interest their child, it will bring them great comfort.

Well done to you and your wife.

So it was a HUGE hit. It helped out in a really positive way. He couldn’t get enough of it.

After he “mastered” it (his words not mine) he asked about more challenges,lights and a screen to see how many millions he was getting. Gold!

A bit hard to wrap this up in a few words. In short, this is what I reckon life is about. Just a fantastic thing to do for someone and so selflessly and thoughtfully. You, my friend, have just given me a great lift tonight. Thank you.

The mrs has informed me that on the school holidays I’m going to have to work on the gi and light show. Stay tuned!

Welcome to the world of homebrew pinball, and could not be done for a better cause....oh after the lights , she will ask " how about some sounds now too !"

Top effort! Stuff like this can make all the difference to kids with disabilities.

I think we can underestimate the value of a gesture like this because it was "whipped up" but it can mean the world to a special needs kid.

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, PM me your postage details and I will send you a set of the pin restoration DVDs that Brad (Darksoul) gave us at AA to raise a few bucks or reward outstanding contributions from members. One good turn deserves another! @Darksoul this looked like a deserving cause to me Brad, waddaya think?.

Dave

Whoa, time flies.

Yes, certainly deserving of a set of discs for @Boof Head

• 3 weeks later...

A pinball reward

So I couldn’t do any tweaks on the pinball as my wife forgot to bring the boys pinball home on the holidays. She has given me a list of upgrades needed that the two of them worked out today.

I see number one on the list is a screen and also the playfield isn’t smooth enough. I know how Gary Stern feels now. “All playfields dimple. It will all flatten out soon young fella!”

91643caaf909c51b14092acc2a2cdb67.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So the pinball came home for a couple of days for some modifications but the young fella is getting quite distressed that it had gone. My wife isn’t working for the next three weeks and we thought it best to get it back for now.

I managed to put a little light show on for him tonight. I just hooked a little set of Christmas lights up to a couple of targets so when the ball hits them it will change the light flashing mode.

Not much but might make him happy to let it come with me next time. I’ll have to step it up a bit though!