Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Coin Operated Kids Dodgem Car

Hi all

I have this Dodgem Car that I doing up for the grand kids. Its about a metre long.

While it isn't really an arcade game, it is coin operated and once may have operated in arcades, parks or fairs.

The body has number 14 painted inside and the chassis number 11, so there were a few.

The coin mech is now only the face plate, so I don't know what coin was required.

I find the car interesting and post it for your interest and if anyone has any info on it I would be interest to hear it.

Cheers

Andy

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.e5514fe30e3a922b2abc229d679f66bb.jpg

Very cool these ran of 12v batteries and used to be in all kinds of places Fairy park in Geelong used to have some. I have the fibreglass body of one very similar tucked away some place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all

I have this Dodgem Car that I doing up for the grand kids. Its about a metre long.

While it isn't really an arcade game, it is coin operated and once may have operated in arcades, parks or fairs.

The body has number 14 painted inside and the chassis number 11, so there were a few.

The coin mech is now only the face plate, so I don't know what coin was required.

I find the car interesting and post it for your interest and if anyone has any info on it I would be interest to hear it.

Cheers

Andy

I f--ken Love it. great score mate,

Looks 1960's going by the styling, at first glance I thought it may have been a Whittaker Brothers Dodgem but I cant seem to find one that looks like that in my references. So Im not sure of the brand Sorry

Thanks for the replies. Any dates from when you saw them as kids would be interesting.

DD if you have a body that's the same I would be happy to send you any frame measurements and photos if you ever want to restore/rebuild it.

I don't see to many problems getting it running, that is once I get it apart. I think it sat outside for years and is quite rusty.

It has 12V bosch starter type motor (Part# comes up as Russian) through a toothed belt to drive the front wheel.

Motor runs, belts missing, wheels turn, steering works, electrics missing. Just need to check/replace the bearings.

Body needs a few repairs so I will need to repaint it.

Target is christmas.

Cheers

Andy

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hello

I have been looking for something similar to this for a long time.  Did you find out more about it?

The ones which were at the Gold Coast (Currumbin Bird Sanctuary) were different being all steel.   They were English, and were also exported to Japan under the SEGA brand.  See photo.  This is what I am seeking.  These were around from the early 70's to about 1976.

Anakie Fairy park had them too, but changed to a fibreglass VW Beetle look unit built in the 80's.     

Coin operated dodgems have been built in Italy, Belgium, Germany and UK.  The English and Belgium ones look the same at first glance, but are different.

They are all rare now, but what you have it very rare and from the late 60's.  I have seen one before for sale, but I don't exactly know its origins.  

Regards

Jason

vintage-coin-operated-sunnyholt_360_f27c0024509f5e561ced3849ad86e5ed.jpg

Edited by shedspace
  • Like 1