Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gamebox 2011 G2S3PH T091028A Manual or other info

Macka

Question

Hi Everyone,

My boss got a Gamebox G2S3PH (manufacture date 2011, JAMMA PCB part T091028A) secondhand from somewhere a couple of years ago and has recently been having some issues with it. The unit did not come with any manuals apart from a list of games.

I've managed to get the system working (removed JAMMA board, removed RAM and cleaned, reassembled), but my next concern is the HDD. Can the HDD in these units be easily backed up and is there a built in backup utility?

Really, I'm looking for any manuals and advice that people may have, mostly around performing the backup, but also any/all features of this system.

Having never dealt with JAMMA or Gameboxes before, I know very little about it, but from what I've deduced, it's a standard PC with a JAMMA interface card (which appears to emulate a PS2 keyboard and interfaces with the LPT port for additional signals), is there much more to it?

Anyway, any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

Hi Everyone,

My boss got a Gamebox G2S3PH (manufacture date 2011, JAMMA PCB part T091028A) secondhand from somewhere a couple of years ago and has recently been having some issues with it. The unit did not come with any manuals apart from a list of games.

I've managed to get the system working (removed JAMMA board, removed RAM and cleaned, reassembled), but my next concern is the HDD. Can the HDD in these units be easily backed up and is there a built in backup utility?

Really, I'm looking for any manuals and advice that people may have, mostly around performing the backup, but also any/all features of this system.

Having never dealt with JAMMA or Gameboxes before, I know very little about it, but from what I've deduced, it's a standard PC with a JAMMA interface card (which appears to emulate a PS2 keyboard and interfaces with the LPT port for additional signals), is there much more to it?

Anyway, any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

you can definitely back the HDD up, use an imaging program (for eg acronis self-image) and put the hdd in a usb caddy or just connect it to your pc via a spare IDE slot. (assuming it's IDE) you need to take an image of the whole disk as these images include multiple partitions, some that windows can't access normally.

I started a thread on here about 6 years ago to do with these gamebox machines, i built a new customised image for the system and distributed it on AA.

i don't use the system any more but this thread has a lot of information in it though it is pretty huge, 16 pages. Off hand, I don't know of a manual's location, but someone else might.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/49812-Customised-HDD-image-for-xxxx-1-systems-inc-Laserdisc-Games-anyone-want-one?highlight=xxxx-1+who+wants+one

Thanks Jed.

I've successfully backed up the HDD to a 120GB SSD using the HDD copy tool here: http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/

Still wouldn't mind a manual if anyone has one?

I didn't realise that the image in that thread was compatible with those boxes, I have looked at some of it previously, might have to read a bit more.

just did a quick search and found one, here you go

http://www.aceamusements.us/games-family-xxxx-in-1-arcade-classics-multi-game-operating-manual.html

you can definitely back the HDD up, use an imaging program (for eg acronis self-image) and put the hdd in a usb caddy or just connect it to your pc via a spare IDE slot. (assuming it's IDE mega moolah
) you need to take an image of the whole disk as these images include multiple partitions, some that windows can't access normally.