Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Spare Williams mirror blade

Evening AA members

Does anyone out their in Western Sydney have a Williams mirror blade to spare?

It does not have to be in pristine condition as I need to modify it to fit an earlier Williams pin that regular blades dont fit. Happy to part with some cash.

Please send PM to Aceman

I did yesterday .

Thanks Railways

Still looking for blade that I can modify to fit the Cyclone. Then I can provide AA members with the dimensions should they wish to undertake a similar project.

Thanks

What type of blades where they etc Williams or Stern?

What modification were made allowing them to fit?

They were for an early 80s Bally. I’m guessing the same people made the cabinets which were very similar or the same for quite a while. I had to remove the glass channel receiver at the back and the lock bar receiver up front. Some staples in the back corners were protruding and I had to tap them flat so the blade would push up hard against the back board. I re installed the glass channel receiver which was a bit tight but tapped it in okay with a rubber mallet. I think I had to drill a hole on each side through the blade to screw in the glass channel receiver. The lock bar receiver was also a tighter fit but got it in okay. The blades have a return along the top edge which I slotted under the plastic glass channel. This was fine but does lift the glass about 1-1.5 mm, meaning it hit the top of the metal receiver at the top. I pried this channel open a little with large flathead screwdriver so the glass would slot in okay.