Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

DEEPROOT Pinball Thread

Ando77

Thanks to TWIP for the excellent detail.

I'm sure most hardcore pin fans are aware

Hoping its ok to share the goss

Awesome stuff from Deeproot will be coming. Appears to be a huge investment.

Deeproot Kudos for attempt at JPOP bs repair.

Perhaps this new firm will be a groundshaker ? , 3 big guns in the mix 2018 ?

Very exciting times for pinball

http://thisweekinpinball.com/

Hopefully more commercial based equipment and not Home orientated.

Bigger numbers of less machines is the way to go I think.

I would prefer to see less companies making larger numbers of quality products than more companies making lower quantitys myself.

It helps no one bringing out ridiculously small numbers of machines by small boutique companies leaving you wondering if they will be around in 5-10 years time.

Good to see they are planning big. The best thing that could happen is another company big enough to rival Stern.

I remember when Data East come on the scene. Such innovation but the master stroke was using boards compatible with Williams Bally.

It enabled operators to not need to completely retool with spares immediately for operating another brand's equipment.

One of the reasons brands like Gottlieb always had trouble with was operators not wanting to carry two completely different set of boards to maintain there limited number of pinballs.

I always found operators were either Williams Bally OR Gottlieb and very rarely both unless they were massive operators.

Seeing as the arcade pinball market is small but appearing to show growth, having another large company may be exactly what is needed.

From a business perspective it seems totally nuts they'd take on the jpop baggage bullshit.

Why hamstring yourself with all the technical, customer detractor and financial debt? Someone has money to burn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems really strange that they go to all the trouble of getting jpop but then hire nordman and oursler? can only assume that they really want the magic girl and houdini designs but surely it'd be easier and cheaper to just start from scratch, especially with these new designers on board?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Footnote.

For success they may have to consider the cost effective product emerging from China

Hardware wise for profit and productivity this is the only way to go

Game winner for Mike perhaps ?

Homepin has done the hard yards

From a business perspective it seems totally nuts they'd take on the jpop baggage bullshit.

Why hamstring yourself with all the technical, customer detractor and financial debt? Someone has money to burn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he just REALLY likes Magic Girl? :lol

Mike produces stuff with metric measurements. Americans would need to replace their tools

Good to see people with some sense who decide to drag the US into the previous century, kicking and screaming, if need be. :)

The Americans will get over it. Just like I got over having to replace my tools to deal with their bloody stupid imperial screws…

Michi.

- - - Updated - - -

In the grand scheme of things, that money is almost certainly chump change, at least on the scale that Robert is talking about. The customer detractor are a bunch of people who got shafted by JPOP, who hang out mostly on Pinside and, as far as the business case is concerned, almost certainly don't count.

Deeproot got themselves a bunch of people with established qualifications and industry experience. That's a good start. Whether, two years from now, they'll still think that "pinball is easy" is an entirely different matter.

One thing is for certain: I won't be putting a deposit on any of their machines until after I have played it and it is in stock at a reputable Australian distributor…

Michi.

It all sounds eerily feasible to me :blink:

If what this guy is saying in the interview means anything then @Michi won't be able to put a deposit on a machine, only try one at release, and potentially buy a completed and deliverable machine.... the same as the one he played or tested. For a set price, one "version".

Then we woke up... :lol

Well he can buy mine

I sort of meant as in maybe he wants to see it Work. :)

What would you like to see happen if this revised Magic Girl game went into production, and was a good game (hypothetically) ?

I've never seen a Magic Girl... I just wonder what you might want to see happen with your original, in the long run? ... Does it look sooooo good that it would remain "collectable" as is? ... or maybe sending it back for replacement? ...

What about the themes they have planned? Apparently there could be a Bible themed pin :unsure

Thats Back in Black Limited Edition:lol

- - - Updated - - -

Footnote.

For success they may have to consider the cost effective product emerging from China

Hardware wise for profit and productivity this is the only way to go

Game winner for Mike perhaps ?

Homepin has done the hard yards

Lets see, that game is still yet to hit the shores and prove itself to the market.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember the passion of the christ movie did well

That was 2 years before Mel Gibson went on his DUI anti semetic crusade.

My interpretation of the interview was that users will be able to program the games themselves - beyond what they release. There’s a big rise in the sale of kids programable toys so maybe something along those lines. A bit like Little Big Planet 2 on PS3 where they supplied a level builder. You can then share that ruleset/game design that you created.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I sort of meant as in maybe he wants to see it Work. :)

What would you like to see happen if this revised Magic Girl game went into production, and was a good game (hypothetically) ?

I've never seen a Magic Girl... I just wonder what you might want to see happen with your original, in the long run? ... Does it look sooooo good that it would remain "collectable" as is? ... or maybe sending it back for replacement? ...

It works and plays just some toys are not programmed, even if remade it won't effect the price

Unless an act of stupidity takes place with ones money before a machine makes it to the showroom floor, in which then I still wouldn't put any money down with some sort of guarantee, if you know what I mean. Past history can explain.