Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Radio Birdman!

Brad

Thanks mate. Just picked up my tickets. Hopefully their doco will be available soon. Been waiting to see that for ages

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yea, I'm hoping the doco will be available soon as well. I was just watching this Q&A session with Deniz Tek that was recorded after the doco's premier screening last year.

• Administrators
Thanks mate. Just picked up my tickets. Hopefully their doco will be available soon. Been waiting to see that for ages

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We should arrange to have a beer on the night Andy! Taking my son who is also keen =)

Brad

Wow!

Not many people know this but the guitarist, Denis Tek was from the US and studying medicine in Australia. When graduated he went back to the US and joined the navy as a medical officer. He then became a back seat guy (like goose in top gun). Not the only link to Top Gun though. The producers of Top Gun visited the carrier he was on. They saw his helmet with his call sign painted on it. The call sign? Iceman!

476B1C3F-B1BA-4E0E-A66A-1828EFEF7FC7.jpeg.164facd7ced0490722b6a8aadd7ab2f2.jpeg

• Like 1

We should arrange to have a beer on the night Andy! Taking my son who is also keen =)

Brad

Golden times taking your son to watch bands I think. I've taken my eldest a couple of times to see metal bands with a couple of my mates and it is all he talks about.

Fits in perfectly with my mates having him and he gets to hear a different side of his father from my mates.

Always been close to my sons but this has taken our relationship to a new level.

I hope you get a similar experience.

• Administrators
Golden times taking your son to watch bands I think. I've taken my eldest a couple of times to see metal bands with a couple of my mates and it is all he talks about.

Fits in perfectly with my mates having him and he gets to hear a different side of his father from my mates.

Always been close to my sons but this has taken our relationship to a new level.

I hope you get a similar experience.

Definitely! I took him to see The Oils last year and he was amazed. Music is a real connection we have and we recommend bands to each other all the time =)

Brad

• 1 year later...

One of my all time fav bands.

Played in a support band for the Birdman on their first reunion tour back in the 90's, it was a dream come true and this led to more support gigs with the Tek group.

Still catch up with Deniz for a vodka or 3 from time to time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

What an incredible night. Sensational line-up.

Los Chicos were even better than I remembered. The Stems were great. But Radio Birdman once again left everyone for dead. They even played some Stooges for their encore. I highly recommend going to see them if anyone gets the chance.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk