Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Searching for three letter words?

Either I'm a numpty, or is there no way to search for three letter words on here? Every time I've tried looking for "NBA Jam" or "NEO GEO" etc, just returns "no results".

If it is deliberate, is it possible to get it rolled back a little to prevent searches for 1 & 2 letter words instead? But if I'm just an idiot who isn't doing it right, please feel free to unload.

I guess you are correct in you three letter assumption, I just searched for NEOGEO one word and got heaps of hits, but that is only threads where someone has typed it as one word somewhere in the thread, as two words no hits. I have always found the search feature here to be a little frustrating sometimes giving seemingly irrelevant hits much higher up the list than hits with the exact spelling of my search.

• Administrators
The search function on AA is terrible

Everything but what you want comes up and 30 seconds between searches so you can't try again quickly

That's Vbulletin for you.

I'll rebuild the search database on the weekend and see if that helps.

• Administrators
I guess you are correct in you three letter assumption, I just searched for NEOGEO one word and got heaps of hits, but that is only threads where someone has typed it as one word somewhere in the thread, as two words no hits. I have always found the search feature here to be a little frustrating sometimes giving seemingly irrelevant hits much higher up the list than hits with the exact spelling of my search.

Also use "Advanced Search" and select in thread title only gives better results.

There's no 30 second restriction when searching by tags which is nice although you can't search by thread title only that way.

And yeah the bad search feature is vbulletin, not isolated to AA. At least AA has tags which a lot of forums don't.