Victoria
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quoted
    424 Post(s)
    Australia

T-Molding?

Hi guys,

I am after 4M of preferably purple (pink may also be ok) T-molding, the width being 13/16" (0.81 inch or 20.64mm). I have tried this website: https://www.t-molding.com/index.html - but it appears they do not stock purple/pink in this width. I have emailed them and are waiting on a reply. Does anyone know a company in Australia that stocks this size and colour? Or an overseas company that does? The width is important as it's to replace the black T-molding that is around the head box on a Ghostbusters Pinball machine.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Glenn

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    311 Post(s)
    Australia
    Game Dude in Brisbane???

State
    Berwick, Victoria
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)
    Australia
    Gamedude sell 18mm wide t-moulding.

From memory, ArcadeGamingAustralia has 20mm t-moulding, but their colour selection was very limited.

I have a lot of 18mm offcuts if you wanted to try it out to see if 18mm would actually fit.
    Is a Pinbot with a 2.0 bride

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    782 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn70 View Post
    Hi guys,

I am after 4M of preferably purple (pink may also be ok) T-molding, the width being 13/16" (0.81 inch or 20.64mm). I have tried this website: https://www.t-molding.com/index.html - but it appears they do not stock purple/pink in this width. I have emailed them and are waiting on a reply. Does anyone know a company in Australia that stocks this size and colour? Or an overseas company that does? The width is important as it's to replace the black T-molding that is around the head box on a Ghostbusters Pinball machine.

Cheers, Glenn
    Bugger I only have red fir pin2000 games. Will probably put it on my swep1 then.

State
    Redlands
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1791 Post(s)
    Australia
    https://www.t-molding.com/

Can't recommend them highly enough. Got my Ms Pacman pink there as well as the black textured stuffed used on many dedicated cabs.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quoted
    424 Post(s)
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Jesder View Post
    Gamedude sell 18mm wide t-moulding.

From memory, ArcadeGamingAustralia has 20mm t-moulding, but their colour selection was very limited.

I have a lot of 18mm offcuts if you wanted to try it out to see if 18mm would actually fit.
    Thanks Andrew for the suggestion, but I do think the 18mm one might just be too narrow. Can you bring a little with you when attending Gum's Meet and I will grab it off ya then?

I am still waiting on a reply email from the staff at www.t-molding.com

State
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn70 View Post
    Hi guys,

Cheers, Glenn
    Be careful with coloured T-Molding, It is often back plastic, Painted White, Then the colour of choice.

If you need to Trim the molding to fit the slots correctly (Overhang) then you will expose the white under coat.
    Which is not visually appealing.

State
    Redlands
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1791 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by ozfalcon View Post
    Be careful with coloured T-Molding, It is often back plastic, Painted White, Then the colour of choice.

If you need to Trim the molding to fit the slots correctly (Overhang) then you will expose the white under coat.
    Which is not visually appealing.
    Where did you find T-moulding like that? The stuff from t-moulding.com certainly wasn't painted.

State
    Berwick, Victoria
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)
    Australia
    I've never heard of painted t-moulding - who sells that? Would the paint hold up when it's bent around cabinet corners or scratched?

I've ordered from t-molding.com, Austin Amusements, OzStick and GameDude and never had a problem with it.
    Is a Pinbot with a 2.0 bride

State
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcade King View Post
    Where did you find T-moulding like that? The stuff from t-moulding.com certainly wasn't painted.
    Our local arcade suppliers.

I normally purchase all mine from t-molding.com (USA) though I did get some from a local supplier only to find that out when I trimmed it.
    I'll see if I still have any floating round for a picture (Though I may have just discarded it in disgust).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jesder View Post
    I've never heard of painted t-moulding - who sells that? Would the paint hold up when it's bent around cabinet corners or scratched?

I've ordered from t-molding.com, Austin Amusements, OzStick and GameDude and never had a problem with it.
    One of those I think. Did you ever trim it?

- - - Updated - - -

It's even worse than I thought - It's black t-mould, Painted white then black again. WTF.
    It's the same stuff as the colour t-mould and has a glossy finish.

Here's a picture:
    Local_Plastic_T-Mould.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information