Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Custom lockdown bar?

Since we’re on the subject of lockdown bars does anyone know where I can get a spare red lockdown bar for my Kiss LE, have been doing a Google search and can’t really find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since we’re on the subject of lockdown bars does anyone know where I can get a spare red lockdown bar for my Kiss LE, have been doing a Google search and can’t really find one.

Buy a standard one and get it powdercoated?

AMD should be able to get you one in, have you tried them?

Haven’t tried them yet but may put it to them

Ye mate, I’m sure they will be able to help, I’ve had random stuff brought in by them from Stern. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

I have one of those Australian reproduction lockdown bars I bought for my Dracula. I wish I hadn't bought it, the production quality is Awful!. The pressing on the top surface to clear the side rails is third rate (at best). I will not be using it, was a complete waste of money. You can cut that up if you like?

So I assume you want the latches the same distance apart so it can fit a standard lock assembly? ... if so it may need to be cut into three and Shut at either end so the latches are still central and correctly spaced.

Or is the latch going to be cut and shut everywhere as well? ... or some other plan?

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking that was an option wasn’t sure how successful it would be.

Depends whom welds it and their proceedure.

I have one of those Australian reproduction lockdown bars I bought for my Dracula. I wish I hadn't bought it, the production quality is Awful!. The pressing on the top surface to clear the side rails is third rate (or worse). I will not be using it, was a complete waste of money. You can cut that up if you like?

So I assume you want the latches the same distance apart so it can fit a standard lock assembly? ... if so it may need to be cut into three and Shut at either end so the latches are still central and correctly spaced.

Or is the latch going to be cut and shut everywhere as well? ... or some other plan?

Hey thanks for the offer but I bought a second hand one and had it cut and welded. I’m still working on a locking solution but will figure something out as the smaller cabinet didn’t have room to accomodate a proper locking mechanism.

Cool. Do the same with each latch component. Reducing length exactly the same amount that you reduced the bar (within +/- 0.5mm or so). That aught to work sweet, and be fairly straightforward. 1mm is boilermaker tolerances so whomever welded and/or cut it shouldn't have too much trouble.

Solved :)