State
    Wa
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    234 Post(s)
    Australia

Banzai run playfield restoration and cab tidy up

Iíve got a Banzai Run that has a wonderful condition cabinet but the main playfield has seen better days. Upper playfield is in really good shape.
    The plan was to restore the original lower playfield but a much better one came up for sale here in this wonderful community.
    Before I start dismantling the game I may as well do the playfield and let it cure for a bit. Less down time on the game that way.

So this is how the playfield looks after Iíve removed most of the Mylar. It had the original still on with another layer over the whole thing. The second layer must have been put on a fair bit later as there was a fair amount of yellowing and wear in the areas not covered by the original piece.
    Iíve gone about this one a little different to usual. I felt this one might be easier if I did the white before a clear coat. After about 4 hrs of trimming all that bloody checker pattern I could finally airbrush in the white.
    Frisket on and trimmed

Bit of action
    Ready for a couple of clear coats now, then I can finish all the other touch ups,key lines and lettering properly. Iíve done a little bit already but thereís still heaps to go before Iíll be happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Boof Head; 10th June 2018 at 11:57 PM.

State
    NSW Out West
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    How is your Banzai tidy up going?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

State
    Wa
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    234 Post(s)
    Australia

The playfield is screwed flat on the wall for now. Still no clear on it.
    Iíve changed my back glass over to the new one. The old one is still ok but bubbling a little.
    Also swapped the upper playfield glass over to a new one. Was bugger all wrong with the original one. I had a brand new one just sitting there and I was always paranoid it would get broken.
    The cabinet is magnificent so itís really just the playfield to finish off and swap. One day Iíll get there.
    Hereís a couple of pictures. Hard to get a good angle with the pins so close together .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information