• Enraged
  • Embarrased
  • Drunk
  • Down
  • Depressed
  • Crying
  • Crazy
  • Cool
  • Cocky
  • Bemused
  • Awesome
  • Annoyed
  • Angry
  • Amused
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 21

    Thread: PIN2DMD stopped working

    1. #1
      Gruntis's Avatar
      Gruntis is offline
      is just cruising
       
      Amused
       

      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      State
      Illawarra, NSW
      Posts
      204
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Quoted
      50 Post(s)
      Australia

      PIN2DMD stopped working

      After reinstalling window and visual pinball I had my virtual pinnie running great.
      Used it a few times without issue and then started it last week and now I can't get my PIN2DMD working
      It can't find it at all. It has power and is connected to the PC.
      I have tried power cycling, different USB ports but no good.
      Any one have any advice??

      Also I don't see pin2dmd with the colours bands appear on the screen on start up

    2. #2
      Jed's Avatar
      Jed is offline
      is always up late.
       
      Happy
       

      Join Date
      May 2009
      State
      Confusion
      Posts
      5,646
      Mentioned
      131 Post(s)
      Quoted
      1269 Post(s)
      Czech Republic
      Quote Originally Posted by Gruntis View Post
      After reinstalling window and visual pinball I had my virtual pinnie running great.
      Used it a few times without issue and then started it last week and now I can't get my PIN2DMD working
      It can't find it at all. It has power and is connected to the PC.
      I have tried power cycling, different USB ports but no good.
      Any one have any advice??

      Also I don't see pin2dmd with the colours bands appear on the screen on start up
      Can you access the back of the pin2dmd board to see if the little red LED's for power are lighting up on the board when you connect power ?
      @OzStick is our resident Pin2DMD expert, he might know a bit more on what to check ?

    3. #3
      Gruntis's Avatar
      Gruntis is offline
      is just cruising
       
      Amused
       

      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      State
      Illawarra, NSW
      Posts
      204
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Quoted
      50 Post(s)
      Australia

      Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
      Can you access the back of the pin2dmd board to see if the little red LED's for power are lighting up on the board when you connect power ?
      @OzStick is our resident Pin2DMD expert, he might know a bit more on what to check ?
      Here's what the bank looks like. The top red led is flashing (back red led in picture)20180610_153757.jpeg

      Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

    4. #4
      Jed's Avatar
      Jed is offline
      is always up late.
       
      Happy
       

      Join Date
      May 2009
      State
      Confusion
      Posts
      5,646
      Mentioned
      131 Post(s)
      Quoted
      1269 Post(s)
      Czech Republic
      Quote Originally Posted by Gruntis View Post
      Here's what the bank looks like. The top red led is flashing (back red led in picture)20180610_153757.jpeg

      Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app
      Yeah, that looks normal.

      Does PIN2DMD come up as a device in your windows devices and printers in the control panel ?

    5. #5
      Gruntis's Avatar
      Gruntis is offline
      is just cruising
       
      Amused
       

      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      State
      Illawarra, NSW
      Posts
      204
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Quoted
      50 Post(s)
      Australia

      No, nothing there.
      Can't find anything in device manager either.

    6. #6
      Jed's Avatar
      Jed is offline
      is always up late.
       
      Happy
       

      Join Date
      May 2009
      State
      Confusion
      Posts
      5,646
      Mentioned
      131 Post(s)
      Quoted
      1269 Post(s)
      Czech Republic
      Quote Originally Posted by Gruntis View Post
      No, nothing there.
      Can't find anything in device manager either.
      i'm running out of ideas....you said you tried different usb ports - have you tried a different USB cable ?

    7. #7
      Gruntis's Avatar
      Gruntis is offline
      is just cruising
       
      Amused
       

      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      State
      Illawarra, NSW
      Posts
      204
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Quoted
      50 Post(s)
      Australia

      That's a thought. Will give it a go when i have the time, be a bit of a process on mine to replace it.

      Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

    8. #8
      Jed's Avatar
      Jed is offline
      is always up late.
       
      Happy
       

      Join Date
      May 2009
      State
      Confusion
      Posts
      5,646
      Mentioned
      131 Post(s)
      Quoted
      1269 Post(s)
      Czech Republic
      Other thing is don't plug the Pin2DMD into USB3 ports. I had trouble with mine not being recognised by windows if it was in a USB3 port.

    9. #9
      OzStick's Avatar
      OzStick is offline Home Arcade Solutions
      is waay deep into Virtual
      Pinballing
       
      Meh
       

      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      State
      Croydon, VIC
      Posts
      1,909
      Mentioned
      84 Post(s)
      Quoted
      314 Post(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Gruntis View Post
      After reinstalling window and visual pinball I had my virtual pinnie running great.
      Used it a few times without issue and then started it last week and now I can't get my PIN2DMD working
      It can't find it at all. It has power and is connected to the PC.
      I have tried power cycling, different USB ports but no good.
      Any one have any advice??

      Also I don't see pin2dmd with the colours bands appear on the screen on start up
      What do you mean by "it can't find it at all"? Looking at your pic it's all good - everything seems to have power and there's nothing obviously wrong with your connections, so at worst you should be seeing the "test pattern" on the display.

      What happens when you run PIN2DMD.EXE? If the unit is not being detected then you should get a pop up window saying something like "PIN2DMD Not Found". Maybe try running ZADIG to reinstall the driver.

    10. #10
      Gruntis's Avatar
      Gruntis is offline
      is just cruising
       
      Amused
       

      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      State
      Illawarra, NSW
      Posts
      204
      Mentioned
      9 Post(s)
      Quoted
      50 Post(s)
      Australia

      Quote Originally Posted by OzStick View Post
      What do you mean by "it can't find it at all"? Looking at your pic it's all good - everything seems to have power and there's nothing obviously wrong with your connections, so at worst you should be seeing the "test pattern" on the display.

      What happens when you run PIN2DMD.EXE? If the unit is not being detected then you should get a pop up window saying something like "PIN2DMD Not Found". Maybe try running ZADIG to reinstall the driver.
      The screen stays blank, no test pattern. When I run DMDtest I get nothing also. When I run the pin2dmd.exe application it opens up "pin2dmd v2.36 colorprism" program. I did try running ZADIG to redo the driver but I couldn't find pin2dmd listed in the devices. When pinballX runs I get the error message "pin2dmd not found" every time a dmd table comes up on the selection screen.

    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •