State
    Illawarra, NSW
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Australia

PIN2DMD stopped working

After reinstalling window and visual pinball I had my virtual pinnie running great.
    Used it a few times without issue and then started it last week and now I can't get my PIN2DMD working
    It can't find it at all. It has power and is connected to the PC.
    I have tried power cycling, different USB ports but no good.
    Any one have any advice??

Also I don't see pin2dmd with the colours bands appear on the screen on start up

State
    NSW - Kianga
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1331 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruntis View Post
    After reinstalling window and visual pinball I had my virtual pinnie running great.
    Used it a few times without issue and then started it last week and now I can't get my PIN2DMD working

Also I don't see pin2dmd with the colours bands appear on the screen on start up
    Can you access the back of the pin2dmd board to see if the little red LED's for power are lighting up on the board when you connect power ?
    @OzStick is our resident Pin2DMD expert, he might know a bit more on what to check ?

State
    Illawarra, NSW
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Can you access the back of the pin2dmd board to see if the little red LED's for power are lighting up on the board when you connect power ?
    @OzStick is our resident Pin2DMD expert, he might know a bit more on what to check ?
    Here's what the bank looks like. The top red led is flashing (back red led in picture)20180610_153757.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

State
    NSW - Kianga
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1331 Post(s)
    Australia
    Here's what the bank looks like. The top red led is flashing (back red led in picture)20180610_153757.jpeg

Yeah, that looks normal.

Does PIN2DMD come up as a device in your windows devices and printers in the control panel ?

State
    Illawarra, NSW
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Australia

No, nothing there.
    Can't find anything in device manager either.

State
    NSW - Kianga
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1331 Post(s)
    Australia
    No, nothing there.
    Can't find anything in device manager either.
    i'm running out of ideas....you said you tried different usb ports - have you tried a different USB cable ?

State
    Illawarra, NSW
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Australia

That's a thought. Will give it a go when i have the time, be a bit of a process on mine to replace it.

State
    NSW - Kianga
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1331 Post(s)
    Australia
    Other thing is don't plug the Pin2DMD into USB3 ports. I had trouble with mine not being recognised by windows if it was in a USB3 port.

State
    Croydon, VIC
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)

What do you mean by "it can't find it at all"? Looking at your pic it's all good - everything seems to have power and there's nothing obviously wrong with your connections, so at worst you should be seeing the "test pattern" on the display.

What happens when you run PIN2DMD.EXE? If the unit is not being detected then you should get a pop up window saying something like "PIN2DMD Not Found". Maybe try running ZADIG to reinstall the driver.

State
    Illawarra, NSW
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by OzStick View Post
    What do you mean by "it can't find it at all"? Looking at your pic it's all good - everything seems to have power and there's nothing obviously wrong with your connections, so at worst you should be seeing the "test pattern" on the display.

What happens when you run PIN2DMD.EXE? If the unit is not being detected then you should get a pop up window saying something like "PIN2DMD Not Found". Maybe try running ZADIG to reinstall the driver.
    The screen stays blank, no test pattern. When I run DMDtest I get nothing also. When I run the pin2dmd.exe application it opens up "pin2dmd v2.36 colorprism" program. I did try running ZADIG to redo the driver but I couldn't find pin2dmd listed in the devices. When pinballX runs I get the error message "pin2dmd not found" every time a dmd table comes up on the selection screen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information