Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball prices

That's right Phil, that's why I have 3 x Pro's. Would also love a few BW 90's titles but for the same money, I can have new. But we are all different and each to their own.

You’re not wrong there. I’d probably buy a big pro over a BW 90s game for the same $$

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just face it boys the bubble has burst..I have notice lately everyone after A cheap pins because they cant afford to buy NIB pinball anymore..Fancy buying machines on HP or hocking it to your house loan..:o

When I started collecting games around 2002 I was spending $1800 to maximum $3000 a game and it felt affordable at those levels for years and prices slowly went up. Now I look at the new prices and yes the technology, licences, GST, wages, transport all factored in do make them expensive and what is different now as apposed to when I first started is the amount of new games being produced and will be produced in the years to come. It was a finite market place back then, no new games were being make and only the existing titles to chose from. I personally believe the number of new players will to continue to grow, even Sterns research shows this but its always the unexpected that can happen like another GFC, the American economy or a full saturation rate of players some where in the future. With ever more new pinballs being produced than ever before and new manufactures with great titles coming over the years it has to weigh down on todays prices. Just my 2 cents worth.

You’re not wrong there. I’d probably buy a big pro over a BW 90s game for the same $$

Yep , I've given up trying to find BW 90's at a price that makes restoration viable. 2nd NIB coming soon IMDN.

5 months ago we would buy a pin from mostly any state and negotiate a price with the seller and that was it. Jump on the phone and get in touch with Prowler because it was easy and cheap. Now I would assume that some people cannot be arsed in calling a company and have organize as courier to come and pick it up and making sure that it is not damaged.

In other words if we have another full time Prowler then I would assume more pins would sell quicker.

- Con

i don't how john did it but f*ck i miss having his service available

i don't how john did it but f*ck i miss having his service available

Same!

Although, I had an awesome 7 hour pinball road trip with my dad last weekend. I probably bored the pants off him at times. 3/4 of the trip talking about pinball and showing him what a pinball podcast was.

We talked about the next drive to pick up a new game. It's a shame I won't have the money for another 2 years. Lol

Although, I had an awesome 7 hour pinball road trip with my dad last weekend. I probably bored the pants off him at times. 3/4 of the trip talking about pinball and showing him what a pinball podcast was.

Quality father and son time. One of the most precious things in life.

Michi.

I still don't get this comparison....the Nib stuff is vastly different to older machines in look feel quality sentiment....all subjective of course. But to me this point is not valid with pinball, cars, guitars and almost everything!

Read @Glenn70 post, he explains it better than I do because he actually does what I'm trying to explain.

Read @Glenn70 post, he explains it better than I do because he actually does what I'm trying to explain.

Thanks Phil. Although at times, it can be hard trying to put into words.

For years I only ever played older machines and also owned a few older ones also. I was lucky enough to visit Mark C regularly and play so many of the most sought after and awesome BW titles from the 90’s. But thanks to @Noob-A-Tron and his beautiful METPM, that I was lucky enough to play last year (very jealous), it changed my view on new pinball machines. I had never played a new machine before this. This thing played so well. The direct, speed and tightness of everything working perfectly with a play field and cab so bright and colourful. I could play for hours with nothing going wrong. I just had to own a new one. I sold WCS94, HS2, TFTC and my old EM, 'Hit The Deck', to finance GB and TWD. Then sold Mousin’ Around to put towards GOTG……….and never looked back. Always monitoring what new titles are coming out for next purchase.

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the classics from the 90’s and earlier, but value for money, it just doesn’t make sense to me, in the current stage of my life. A very nice WH20, MM, CC, MB, SS, TOM, IJ, TOTAN, etc, is going to set me back more than a new Pro (with my mods of course) or even a Premium will cost. Then the constant maintenance that unfortunately ‘goes with the territory’ for these older titles. I want to spend more time playing and enjoying pinball than stressing and fixing them. I guess the older pinball machines were only intended to last between 3-5 years being played in arcades/pubs, so understandable. But with lots of love and attention, they will keep going for many more years, I realise that. Attention I would sooner spend playing new ones.

We are all different and we own and play what we like. For me, it’s the new titles.

But I really admire the guys with older collections who maintain and enjoy them. My hat goes off to you!

As far as overall pinball prices, I just don't know.

Edited by Glenn70

I did.

I still maintain my point of view.

As we are all saying each to their own which is the best thing.

Its like comps...I have less than zero interest in them. Friends are often asking why not but without spewing out lots of thoughts on it I simply just dont want to. My last two hobbies went from hobby to competition and one to business and at the end of it all should have kept them as hobbies.

But it's a hobby that you can either afford or not.

Where you allocate your free cash is up to you!

Personally I am in it for the nostalgia, memories, restoring and having something that is collectible and fun for me.

Basically Ithe exact opposite of Glen I guess!

Prices...I've worked 3 jobs since I was 15 got myself in a nice position and happy to pay whatever if it's something I would to get. For example if a mint SOF popped up and it was 2k more than it should be it doesn't worry me. I would buy it because it is something I am after and will enjoy.

I did.

I still maintain my point of view.

As we are all saying each to their own which is the best thing.

Its like comps...I have less than zero interest in them. Friends are often asking why not but without spewing out lots of thoughts on it I simply just dont want to. My last two hobbies went from hobby to competition and one to business and at the end of it all should have kept them as hobbies.

But it's a hobby that you can either afford or not.

Where you allocate your free cash is up to you!

Personally I am in it for the nostalgia, memories, restoring and having something that is collectible and fun for me.

Basically Ithe exact opposite of Glen I guess!

Prices...I've worked 3 jobs since I was 15 got myself in a nice position and happy to pay whatever if it's something I would to get. For example if a mint SOF popped up and it was 2k more than it should be it doesn't worry me. I would buy it because it is something I am after and will enjoy.

Spot on Kurt. You are in pinball for what suits you and only you. Best way to be. Keep doing what you do as your machines and work is truly inspiring and I love seeing the pics mate. I wish I had more time and space to restore as I really love it too. So rewarding.

I'm also with you re the comps. I love playing against one or two others on the one machine at a social Meet, but that's it. But there are guys who love the comp's and are bloody good at it. Me = useless at comps!

Thanks Phil. Although at times, it can be hard trying to put into words.

For years I only ever played older machines and also owned a few older ones also. I was lucky enough to visit Mark C regularly and play so many of the most sought after and awesome BW titles from the 90’s. But thanks to @Noob-A-Tron and his beautiful METPM, that I was lucky enough to play last year (very jealous), it changed my view on new pinball machines. I had never played a new machine before this. This thing played so well. The direct, speed and tightness of everything working perfectly with a play field and cab so bright and colourful. I could play for hours with nothing going wrong. I just had to own a new one. I sold WCS94, HS2, TFTC and my old EM, 'Hit The Deck', to finance GB and TWD. Then sold Mousin’ Around to put towards GOTG……….and never looked back. Always monitoring what new titles are coming out for next purchase.

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the classics from the 90’s and earlier, but value for money, it just doesn’t make sense to me, in the current stage of my life. A very nice WH20, MM, CC, MB, SS, TOM, IJ, TOTAN, etc, is going to set me back more than a new Pro (with my mods of course) or even a Premium will cost. Then the constant maintenance that unfortunately ‘goes with the territory’ for these older titles. I want to spend more time playing and enjoying pinball than stressing and fixing them. I guess the older pinball machines were only intended to last between 3-5 years being played in arcades/pubs, so understandable. But with lots of love and attention, they will keep going for many more years, I realise that. Attention I would sooner spend playing new ones.

We are all different and we own and play what we like. For me, it’s the new titles.

But I really admire the guys with older collections who maintain and enjoy them. My hat goes off to you!

As far as overall pinball prices, I just don't know.

Your logic is sound. But if your games are running Spike hardware, I reckon there's an inevitable issue down the track.

Your logic is sound. But if your games are running Spike hardware, I reckon there's an inevitable issue down the track.

Maybe you are right, who knows? From my conversations with Michael and Bruce at AMD and personal experience with GB (over a year of owning/playing) and GOTG (5 months of playing), all good at this stage. If a node board goes and needs replacing, I'd be content with spending a few hundred to easily replace a node board as opposed to paying a pinball tech to attend and repair or transporting to a pinball tech to repair. Cost would be similar I reckon. Let's just hope all goes well with them. Like @pinball god stated, time will tell.

Anyway, back on topic - PINBALL PRICES? ANYONE?

• Administrators
Maybe you are right, who knows? From my conversations with Michael and Bruce at AMD and personal experience with GB (over a year of owning/playing) and GOTG (5 months of playing), all good at this stage. If a node board goes and needs replacing, I'd be content with spending a few hundred to easily replace a node board as opposed to paying a pinball tech to attend and repair or transporting to a pinball tech to repair. Cost would be similar I reckon. Let's just hope all goes well with them. Like @pinball god stated, time will tell.

Anyway, back on topic - PINBALL PRICES? ANYONE?

Yeah and if a WPC breaks down you replace a $1 transistor.

Unfortunately people have just become complaisant in this throw away society to the point where things are expected to have issues out of the box.

Yeah and if a WPC breaks down you replace a $1 transistor.

Unfortunately people have just become complaisant in this throw away society to the point where things are expected to have issues out of the box.

Understand, but I'm not confident replacing a transistor and I'm tipping I'm not the only one. So would cost me way more than $1. Like I said, "I prefer to just play and enjoy pinball as opposed to repairing them."

We are all different.

• Administrators
Understand, but I'm not confident replacing a transistor and I'm tipping I'm not the only one. So would cost me way more than $1. Like I said, "I prefer to just play and enjoy pinball as opposed to repairing them."

We are all different.

I know each to their own. It's just sad the way we dispose of things that's all.

I know each to their own. It's just sad the way we dispose of things that's all.

Yes you are right. Many things these days are just made that way. I just hope new pinball machines (from all manufacturers) are not in this boat.

Well in another 20 years the bw games will still be running and worth more way more than the Stern games

In another 20 years they'll all probably be a huge nuisance to whoever they've been passed on to and thrown out like big wooden tv's. :lol