Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Which Pinball Doesn't Have Any 'General Illumination' ?

No big deal but rather than go off topic, again, and hijack someone's post and thread........

I'm not having a go here, but I saw a mention that every pinball has G.I.

But as I was drawn to watch some you tube regarding this pin, at about the 10:35 mark you will find out there is a pin, only one that I now know of, that doesn't have any G.I.

No big deal but rather than go off topic, again, and hijack someone's post and thread........

I'm not having a go here, but I saw a mention that every pinball has G.I.

But as I was drawn to watch some you tube regarding this pin, at about the 10:35 mark you will find out there is a pin, only one that I now know of, that doesn't have any G.I.

No sure which machine you mean but technically speaking there are a lot where the "GI' is controlled therefore they would fall in the category of "switched".

Centaur, all lights are controlled. No GI in the normal sense.

That was my point. Blackout was relay controlled and later have some control including early WPC machines as they can dim.

I would regard normal GI as powered directly from the transformer so turn machine on and lights come on.

I was of the understanding the same as #autosteve described. In the normal sense GI is powered straight from the transformer. Lots of for sale threads with "lights up but doesn't start game" that is true GI.

Controlled lamps that illuminate the playfield are not GI as they are switched on/ off by the system control.

my understanding is the same as what @raysco and @Autosteve stated, when you turn the game on underneath via the on/off switch, any lights that come on and stay and aren't controlled by a lamp driver hence not connected to a switch matrix is general illumination.

the game I was thinking of came out after Centaur so there is definitely more than one.

- - - Updated - - -

So that means WPC system doesn't use GI then because its CPU controlled.

good point, the cpu controls the G.I. like Funhouse, still a G.I. circuit.

maybe I should have worded the thread differently as I was thinking that maybe a fluoro behind a translite could be considered G.I.