Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Restoration of a Neo Geo 6 slot

State
    vic
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Nice post! I'm about to do the exact same thing to a 4 slot cab I just picked up!

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Thanks. Good luck with your restore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Please tell me you have the 6 slot motherboard to go with it.

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Two actaully but one well past being repairable and the other came from France and is in perfect condition.

Yeah it just would be right having anything less than a 6 slot in it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Cool. You can buy new translites on ebay or print them yourself.

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Thanks for the tip. Before I replace the transpires I'm going to replace light display beh i nd them. There's a guy in the UK who's made a replacement.

State
    vic
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    If you search for EL panels on ebay, you can get similar light panels for the marquee lights. I'm not sure how they get powered, but i believe they're similar to what's in there originally. I will need some of those as well, as i'm pretty sure the ones in my cab are shot.

I haven't got time to get started on mine at the moment, but your thread has me excited to start ripping it apart! I think your cab is a larger screen than mine. Love these red neo cabs.

Just for reference, here's what the inside of my cab i picked up looks like. It's a 4 slot LAI, it's got all the wiring still there, and i believe the interior is original, with regards to the board shelf etc.

DSC_4464.jpg

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Thanks for the info. On the top right hand side of your cab i believe is the part (sorry i cant remember the name of it) that controls the el panels. Mines missing hence why im going for the LED panels. But if i can ever find that part i'd certainly go the EL panel route.

The screen size of mine is 26" i had to use an old TV tube as the original one had shorted. But its still got a great picture. I personally love the neo geo's as well and really enjoy mine.

State
    vic
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    MV-ELA is the name of that board, it powers the marquee lights. It runs up to 2 other boards that have the lights on them.

Here's some pics just for reference.

DSC_4469.jpg

Here's the panels in the cab, it's 2 panels for my 4 slot, they daisy chain the power.

DSC_4477.jpg

DSC_4491.jpg

You can get the replacement globes here. These are very close to the same size, and you can solder them onto the original boards.

http://glowhut.com/a6-electro-lumine...and-connector/

I spent some time searching tonight and found this info, just thought I'd share for future reference!! It's a bit nerdy, but it's still fun! If you get the replacement, post it up, curious to see it!

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Stu, thanks for the info. I always wanted to keep the original el panel but with the research i did the ones i was looking at were going to cost a lot more per unit. And thanks for letting me know the its a MV-ELA as well. I'll put a wanted ad and see what turns up. Just a FYI if your redoing the red on the cabinet, super cheap auto have a spray paint called Monza red which IMO is as close to the original as i believe you'll get.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information