State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Restoration of a Neo Geo 6 slot

Hi all,

I thought i'd post the restoration of my newly acquired Neo Geo 6 slot. Though the pictures would suggest otherwise it does power up but the yoke had a short and so the monitor doesn't work. Looking over the machine all appears to be there including the light panel for the marquee but the card reader's gone. The body's in ok shape given its age but the front door certainly has seen some hard times. The worst parts would be the bottom right of the door whereby it looks like someone's done a half done job of bogging it up and they just threw some red paint over it. The other bit would be around the lock. Though it doesn't look like much from the front the wood around the lock has been dug out pretty deeply (its visible when you open the door).

Full Size.jpg Inside.jpg Control panel.jpg Damaged Coin Door.jpg Damaged side panel.jpg

Just as a side note. When i went to pick up the machine i found i ended up scoring more than i thought. With a 6 & 4 slot boards, new sanwa joystick, 8 newer style gold leaf buttons and fatal fury cart thrown into the deal.

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iborg View Post
    Hi all,

I thought i'd post the restoration of my newly acquired Neo Geo 6 slot. Though the pictures would suggest otherwise it does power up but the yoke had a short and so the monitor doesn't work. Looking over the machine all appears to be there including the light panel for the marquee but the card reader's gone. The body's in ok shape given its age but the front door certainly has seen some hard times. The worst parts would be the bottom right of the door whereby it looks like someone's done a half done job of bogging it up and they just threw some red paint over it. The other bit would be around the lock. Though it doesn't look like much from the front the wood around the lock has been dug out pretty deeply (its visible when you open the door).

Full Size.jpg Inside.jpg Control panel.jpg Damaged Coin Door.jpg Damaged side panel.jpg

Just as a side note. When i went to pick up the machine i found i ended up scoring more than i thought. With a 6 & 4 slot boards, new sanwa joystick, 8 newer style gold leaf buttons and fatal fury cart thrown into the deal.
    Nice pickup!

I like all the Australian Neo Geo cabs but this is the beast!

Score on the Fatal Fury cart... RARE

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

State
    QLD, Australia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedneckV2 View Post
    Nice pickup!

I like all the Australian Neo Geo cabs but this is the beast!

Score on the Fatal Fury cart... RARE

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app
    It is???? Ive had loads of Fatal Fury carts!!! I think ive still got a couple laying around, its not rare!
    •Converting Game Gears and Atari LYNX with McWill screens and Gameboy Pocket with backlight and Bivert mods
    •Sega Saturn, Dreamcast and Mega CD region free BIOS install and power supply repairs, NEO•GEO UniBIOS install, 3DO RGB and 240p mods, DIY kits available for all.
    • CPS2 and NEO•GEO game repairs and conversions

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NEO-GEO Man View Post
    It is???? Ive had loads of Fatal Fury carts!!! I think ive still got a couple laying around, its not rare!
    WHAT!!!
    Not rare you say.
    Geese the 5 I have here aint the nest egg I thought they were

State
    melbourne
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Quoted
    952 Post(s)
    WHAT!!!
    Not rare you say.
    Art of fighting are more rarer than Fatal fury..LOL

State
    QLD, Australia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    WHAT!!!
    Not rare you say.
    No mate, its not rare at all.

There are some pretty rare NEO•GEO games, but Fatal Fury aint one of em.
    •Converting Game Gears and Atari LYNX with McWill screens and Gameboy Pocket with backlight and Bivert mods
    •Sega Saturn, Dreamcast and Mega CD region free BIOS install and power supply repairs, NEO•GEO UniBIOS install, 3DO RGB and 240p mods, DIY kits available for all.

State
    Colyton, sydney
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Nice cab, shame they didn't look after it but good to see you restoring it!

I love all the little touches SNK put into these, stereo sound, credit counter, marquee that lights up the active game, headphone jacks, memory card slot!!

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Since these photos were taken i've fully restored the front door area. I must taken some photos and update this post. Currently im waiting on a 6 slot board to arrive.

State
    QLD, Australia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    375 Post(s)
    Ive just ordered my new overlay and side art from Noodle Shirt for my 20" LAI 4 slotter, will hopefully restore it to its former glory at some stage this year...

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

well its been a while so i thought its time for an update.

Since my last post a lots happened. As previously mentioned I've restored the front door as per the below pict. The door had numerous gouges and a half baked attempt to fix the door with body filler.

DSC_0467.jpg

I managed to fill sand and smooth out the problems and found an almost exact match paint to respray the door. After painting and a couple of rounds of clear the door now looks like this.

DSC_0267.jpg

After completing the door i decided to clean up the rusty cover were the power cord comes in and using vinegar i got the following results.

before:
    DSC_0483.jpg

After the vinegar bath:
    DSC_0488.jpg

And finally after the paint was applied:
    DSC_0492.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information