Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Stern / Bally 6 Digit display boards - now available in white

I have released an update to the Tangles 6-Digit Bally / Stern display board. The board is now available in White.

As with the Yellow boards, these display provide a nice pop for people looking to improve the looks of their beloved 70s / 80s machine.

Designed and manufactured in Australia, this display unit will replace the Bally A5-2518-21 and Stern A-434 6-digit displays used on many machines from approximately 1977 to 1986. Parts used in this assembly have been sourced through reliable channels to ensure highest quality.

This unit comes fully assembled. No soldering is required. No modifications are needed to your pinball machine. This display units uses only the 5-volt supply. The high voltage supply is not used. This means this display will operate even if the high voltage circuitry is faulty or has been disabled. The display will work fine with the high-voltage still operational, so this unit may be used with a mix of old and new displays.

A careful selection of modern components has been made to reduce the part count with an eye to increasing the long term reliability.

Selling in lots of 5. ( happy to discuss other order combinations )

Price : $330 delivered in Australia (White)

Price: $320 delivered in Australia (Yellow)

IMG_4242.thumb.jpg.7043c47260c312d97fe088b9382bcab5.jpgezgif-4-5354190679.jpg.b1319aea01f61b4dae94c33bf68076a2.jpg

IMG_4237.thumb.jpg.61843fb956effb4133a0e0c07b12ad7b.jpg

Nice work. As I a Bally SS lover I can see I'll be sending you a few pm's in the near future.;)

Yes they do look sweet don't they. Hope the 7 digits come soon. I only need 7 digits.

I have one on it's way out and wouldn't mind saying "out with the plasma and in with the LED"

These look the goods , now to decide if white would look good in a Flash Gordon , are you going to be doing any red by any chance

I too have a FG and out off the current choices (yellow or white) I'd be going yellow BUT unless you need some now, over to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes they do look sweet don't they. Hope the 7 digits come soon. I only need 7 digits.

I have one on it's way out and wouldn't mind saying "out with the plasma and in with the LED"

I sold the Harlem GT before xmas and while all the old plasma displays were fine I think it would have looked pretty damn good with the white displays.

In fact I'll send a link to the current owner and ask his thoughts.

Whilst the yellow is not an identical match to the original display... I think they hit the mark on Stars and Lost World. I think FG will look great with the Yellow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]122774[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]122775[/ATTACH]

IMG_4046.thumb.jpg.1829d94e55c34df6af75c12df6a18ef0.jpg

IMG_4051.thumb.jpg.128ed4c9ebbec6d32b6541c89a92d881.jpg

If you end up doing blue I'd be interested for my Fathom and then I can recycle some of the original displays through my other Bally SS games.

I notice you have two similar threads running. Might be worth asking a Mod to merge them so it doesn't get complicated.

Other thread is ;

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/91485-LED-Replacement-for-Bally-Stern-Pinball-6-Digit-display-Lot-of-5-units?p=1148776#post1148776

If you end up doing blue I'd be interested for my Fathom and then I can recycle some of the original displays through my other Bally SS games.

I notice you have two similar threads running. Might be worth asking a Mod to merge them so it doesn't get complicated.

Other thread is ;

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/91485-LED-Replacement-for-Bally-Stern-Pinball-6-Digit-display-Lot-of-5-units?p=1148776#post1148776

Ow yes, Fathom in blue, definitely. Not real sure about FG in yellow or red though. Those white just looking so amazing very hard to beat.

Maybe a variety pack is in order @Railways

My understanding is with white you buy colour gel film to provide the desired effect.

My understanding is with white you buy colour gel film to provide the desired effect.

This doesn't work the way you might think it does. We tried it with white DMDs and the problem is white LEDs are NOT actually "white" so putting a colour in front of it will not yield the expected results.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

7 Digit displays are available now in Retro Yellow, white or blue.

See product home page.

Note that a set of 5 displays comes as 4 x 7-Digit and 1 x 6-Digit display for the Credit/Ball display.

Prices for the range are (including postage in Australia )

TPP-1007Y-SET 6 Digit Retro Yellow/Orange set of 5 $285.00

TPP-1017Y-SET 7 Digit Retro Yellow/Orange Set of 5 $295.00

TPP-1007W-SET 6 Digit Retro Stunning White set of 5 $305.00

TPP-1017W-SET 7 Digit Retro Stunning White Set of 5 $315.00

TPP-1007W-SET 6 Digit Retro Stunning Blue set of 5 $305.00

TPP-1017W-SET 7 Digit Retro Stunning Blue Set of 5 $315.00

Note I have orders for my current stock of 7 digit units and I am awaiting a PCB order delivery (about 7 days estimated delay)

Cheers,

Tangles

www.shedspace.net

IMG_4534.thumb.jpg.8f29b507fb3a342117920edd06a0f93c.jpg

Edited by Tangles

Re: retro Orange ...

Rob1966, I only offer the Retro Yellow / Orange (and white or blue). They are indeed more yellow than the original displays, but not by much. The photo posted earlier showing "Lost World" gives a better indication of the colour. The photos I take on a blue background seem to accentuate the yellow green hues.

I found this image online (below) of a Playboy with a mix of old and LED displays. Whilst this is NOT a photo of my displays, it does illustrate well the colour difference.

I sell and recommend these in a set of 5 because the brightness and colour difference is just not an issue when all displays are upgraded.

The resulting "pop" and clarity of the LEDs in my opinion wins the day; but in the end it is a personal choice for each to make.

8514159_2.jpg.f67561ffb010c0042c6387ca38984972.jpg

Cheers,

Tangles

www.shedspace.net