Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

TV Antenna Advice Needed

Rich

So looking up this morning I see one of the elements is hanging down and it's an old antenna.

Time to be replaced.

I see antennas that state certain channels like 28-69.

Digital antennas seem quite cheap around the $60- mark.

Don't want to buy something I don't need, just one that will do the job well.

Anyone on here and local that supplies and installs TV antennas?

Hi @Rich

Most likely Jaycar or a TV antenna mob might be able to tell you what best suits the area. Depending where you live can require you to have a certain type of Antenna. Biggest problem I have with mine is the Bloody Cocky's landing on it at full speed and aiming it towards the Dandenongs ! Then i loose a few channels... I might send the cocky's your way . Oh Happy new Year, and i found a certain Stones Green Ginger product for you ! I will drop it around ! After a few glasses of it , you wont care about a fuzzy TV signal :lol

I have had a look at one next door and it's looks a couple of feet long with small elements, nothing like the older style.

I put foot long cable ties on the elements to keep the birds off, NO to cocky's, can't get rid of the crows.

Mmmmm, Stones Ginger, mmmmmm, the one you were mentioned when at Mr Murphy's?

ask the mrs to drop you off, or all come around @thegrunta666 then have a dip :023:

- - - Updated - - -

I would look here http://www.radioparts.com.au/category/tv-satellite/tv-antennas for starters. Sorry i cant recommend one without knowing your location. Suggest you get on the roof and perve at the neighbours antennas... see whats working for them

Being all digital now, I don't need VHF, right? I see combo antennas.

Am in Carrum Downs, Vic.

s-l1600.jpg.eba31313b78bec675b240eede507e3d3.jpg

I have installed several of these locally, rural SA... they are "Hills" "digital TV antenna" .... the length is dependent upon some things like distance from transmitter, and maybe some other factors.

I went to my local electrical wholesaler (L&H no plug) and they sell then to me (non trade) for 28 bucks.

They also asked me my "locality" so as to supply me with the correct "length" unit.

*seems to be shorter for closer to TX