Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pandora's Box 5S on CRT?

felixthadog

Question

I'd wager that one does not support CGA, regardless of what the description states which is hazy at best.

The clones seem to remove CGA support, possibly as a cost cutting measure.

If it were me I'd rather spend the little bit extra and buy the official product.

I'd wager that one does not support CGA, regardless of what the description states which is hazy at best.

The clones seem to remove CGA support, possibly as a cost cutting measure.

If it were me I'd rather spend the little bit extra and buy the official product.

Thanks! Where can I find the "official product"?

Little secret...If has a hdmi port then it wont support Cga..;)

This supports Cga/Vga in picture..1299-1..New version coming out soon...

Thanks Leo. Will you be selling this new version?

Cheers,

Matthew

Am bench testing one at the moment. No cga. Looking at it to replace the current 815's I have been buying for the last year. Did the same when they changed from 645. So far so good. Seems good value for money.

Thanks, but it does not help me if it does not support CGA. Do you have any Pandora's Boxes that support CGA?

Cheers,

Matthew

After checking out this post, I checked them out on ebay and aliexpress. There are so many out there and all in different colours - black, pink, yellow, green

How you guys can even tell the difference from an original or a bootleg is beyond me :)

I used to have a Pandora Box 3 some time back and it was beautiful to play fighting games.

My brother is still running an older Elf512 which has some input lag. How do the newer Elf's perform these days? Are pandora superior?

After checking out this post, I checked them out on ebay and aliexpress. There are so many out there and all in different colours - black, pink, yellow, green

How you guys can even tell the difference from an original or a bootleg is beyond me :)

I used to have a Pandora Box 3 some time back and it was beautiful to play fighting games.

My brother is still running an older Elf512 which has some input lag. How do the newer Elf's perform these days? Are pandora superior?

There is no official Pandora 5 that is cga supported. The only Jamma PB5 is the orange variant with the quad core chip.

All other "pandoras box 5s/5" you see are bootlegs ie. same chipset as the pandora's box 4, with an updated image and rom set.

The dead giveaway is the menu, if it states "pandora's box 5s" but has the old pb4 menu system, it's just an updated rom set.

The PB4 and all their variants, uses the A13 single core chip whereas the PB5 uses the quad core A7 chip, unfortunately, it has no CGA support.

As far as I know, the Elf's are just bootleg PB4's

I sent this message to the seller:

Hi,

I am interested in the 999-in-1 cartridge, I would like to put it in an arcade machine with an old CRT screen (not LCD). Does this cartridge support CGA, or only VGA?

and the reply I received was:

Holle friend ,this item support CGA / VGA HD output all in one unit

If the board does not support CGA but I plug the JAMMA harness into it, will it blow up the board or the chassis?

Cheers,

Matthew

hey dude the pandora 6 is out now.

if you get the official one from 3A games it does crt, vga and hdmi too I think.

Mine just arrived.

Hey mate

Keen on how the new one runs on CRT and how the games run

Does it come with games, or do you need to add yourself (read something about 3A not pre loading games?)

Ive been thinking of selling the 5s and spending extra on the 6