Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinup Popper Frontend. Replacement for pinballx

I finally found a link to it... They sure make it hard though ;P

Brad

Potentially that's a deliberate ploy while it's still new software to weed out those that can't support themselves? ;-)

Looking into this at the moment. Catalyst for me was a friend asked me to to a hybrid Pinball/MAME setup - previously I was looking to run PBX for pinball, do a whole new modded HyperSpin setup to rotate vertically *AND IN THE SAME ORIENTATION* as PBX, which started to involve a lot of customising, batch rotating of media and then the only way it was going to hang together was to run a little utility called Frontend Loader which would then run one or the other frontend depending which flipper button you press, this was bound to present me with all sorts of potential grief.

PuP looks like it will ct through all that and do the whole lot from within its own environment, which is highly desirable as it cuts out the potential for user error. I've done a basic install and just started to look at the playlists, after which I'll sort out the media. From watching TerryRed's videos I suspect I'll need to work out how to get MAME to run properly and also get vids to rotate and display at their correct aspect ratio, then sort out how to get VP9, PM5 and VPX tables to run properly all from a single game list. Apart from that i can't see anything reotemly difficult with it.

I do like the modular look of PuP and it with all the features it offers it could potentially be the only frontend so far that you could set up for someone else then leave them to learn how to do mods and updates, because if they stuff it up the you can go back to a previous database backup. That would be a happy day!

• 1 month later...

I am probably one of the few setting up Pinipmenu as a front end for video games as well as VPX.

I have VPX and mame all setup now but I would like to run the Daphne emulator. I am a little lost as how to do this.

I can run a game from command line. To run Dragons Lair the command line I use is this:

daphne.exe dle21 vldp -framefile F:/daphne-1.0v-win32/vldp_dl/lair/lair.txt -blank_searches -min_seek_delay 1000 -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -homedir F:\daphne-1.0v-win32 -useoverlaysb 1 -bank 0 11011000 -bank 1 00110111 -sound_buffer 2048 -fullscreen -x 640 -y 480 -opengl -rotate 90