• Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Score Watch: Melbourne Barcade high scores (Bartronica & Pixel Alley)

is Living Backwards

Tired

State
      Vic
      Mentioned
      5 Post(s)
      Quoted
      31 Post(s)
      Australia

Score Watch: Melbourne Barcade high scores (Bartronica & Pixel Alley)

Hey Aussie Arcaders

I just thought that I'd create this thread for the purpose of tracking changes to the high scores in our local Victorian Barcades.
      Anyone can feel free to update or add anything relevant they'd like to see covered or if they beat a score so as to best inform players.

First up, a big shout out to NIJ (Nigel) who I met at Bartronica tonight. Nigel absolutely smashed my humble 1942 high score on hardest settings, scoring a whopping 1.24 million, making stage 25.

Pic_0525_009.jpg

He also managed to surpass the 369,000 Galaga score set by Phil Day a while back. That score is now up to 450, 000.

If you're reading this mate, congratulations for the top games; looking forward to catching up with you again for the "Battle of the Arcades" at Pixel Alley. Maybe then I can buy you a beer for the great 1942 score!

Cheers,
      Pessimeister (Bob)

is Living Backwards

Tired

State
      Vic
      Mentioned
      5 Post(s)
      Quoted
      31 Post(s)
      Australia

NIJ does it again at Bartronica last night! This time, he makes it to level 26 and improves to 1.33 million. Won't be long now and he'll complete the game on site. Curiously, there doesn't appear to be a Twin Galaxies record for this, the hardest setting (VD) as there most certainly should be!

NIJ 30 5 2018.jpg

It was great to catch up with Nigel over a beer and chat all things gaming. Hopefully he'll start posting here soon. I've also encouraged him to try playing in the MGL.

is jumping from cube to cube to
      make them change colour

Crazy

State
      Brisbane
      Mentioned
      216 Post(s)
      Quoted
      2240 Post(s)
      Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by Pessimeister View Post
      NIJ does it again at Bartronica last night! This time, he makes it to level 26 and improves to 1.33 million. Won't be long now and he'll complete the game on site. Curiously, there doesn't appear to be a Twin Galaxies record for this, the hardest setting (VD) as there most certainly should be!

NIJ 30 5 2018.jpg

It was great to catch up with Nigel over a beer and chat all things gaming. Hopefully he'll start posting here soon. I've also encouraged him to try playing in the MGL.
      Is it an original 1942 board? Can they put it on TG settings?

Absolutely fantastic game, surprised none of the 3 arcades in Brisbane have sited this yet - it's a great game, but also gives a lot of value for money for those people who aren't that great at arcade games - starts out slowly enough to give new players half a chance at getting a decent game for their $1

is slowly shrinking

Drunk

State
      South Australia
      Mentioned
      89 Post(s)
      Quoted
      551 Post(s)
      Australia
      Totally brutal on the harder settings. I played it last November (half cut) and struggled to get a low 200K missing the then record by less than 10K. A million plus on these settings is bloody amazing

is Living Backwards

Tired

State
      Vic
      Mentioned
      5 Post(s)
      Quoted
      31 Post(s)
      Australia

Went to Bartronica again this evening after work and got a pleasant surprise in seeing two new cabinets.

1) Ms Pacman (It's suitably placed right next to the Baby Pacman which was installed last week...)
      I suspect this machine came from Ms Bartronica. Plays nice; great soft joystick.
      I'll definitely be giving it a few more credits in the coming weeks!

2) Super Mario Brothers. It's got a high score saver on it which is fantastic! NIJ already had the top four places.
      I didn't get time to test it out, but will do so next friday night.

I also watched Nigel effortlessly playthrough all 30 stages of Galaga, scoring just over 420,000. This was after my paltry 130,000. He was talking to me the whole time and giving tips to boot. It was great! I'd never seen the ending credit screen before either, so that was memorable. Now to get there myself...

I do hope to see the 1942 cabinet make a return from repairs soon...

P.S: @John73 Hey John. What's the current record for 1942 at Netherworld? I went to the website and noticed your name on the board! Is this up to date?

is jumping from cube to cube to
      make them change colour

Crazy

State
      Brisbane
      Mentioned
      216 Post(s)
      Quoted
      2240 Post(s)
      Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by Pessimeister View Post
      P.S: @John73 Hey John. What's the current record for 1942 at Netherworld? I went to the website and noticed your name on the board! Is this up to date?
      I'm guessing it's either up to date or if someone has beaten my weak score they didn't report their details to staff for the blackboard.

Given there is enough time during Kong Off, I think @Barra will try to 1CC it and also @RMacauley if he is able to make it up to Brisbane.

is hiding from terence

Sneaky

State
      Wellington
      Mentioned
      221 Post(s)
      Quoted
      1016 Post(s)
      New Zealand
      I haven't 1CC'd it before but I know Rob has. If they have it sited I'll be sure to fire up a few games, love 1942

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

is slowly shrinking

Drunk

State
      South Australia
      Mentioned
      89 Post(s)
      Quoted
      551 Post(s)
      Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by Barra View Post
      I haven't 1CC'd it before but I know Rob has. If they have it sited I'll be sure to fire up a few games, love 1942
      Haven't completed 1942 in a long time. Had 1 game at Netherworld, got 237K but didn't submit it. Figured it wasn't worth it with Nigel in town and the settings not being as brutal as at Bartronica. If I make it up for Kong Off I'll give it another go. Gives me time to practice a bit

Thread Information