Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Projects on the go

HI @Savage, here is the mop kit I use.

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/Toolpro-Bench-Grinder-Polishing-Kit-8pc/386502

I'm only using the sisal mop for really worn lane guides. For all other items I find the soft and medium mops are all that are required with the light and medium compound. Only use the light mop with the white compound to get that mirror finish.

For people interested here are the links to the full set up which was about $80 total when on sale. If you are happy to spend a little more go for a higher wattage grinder.

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/Rockwell-ShopSeries-Bench-Grinder-150mm-250-Watt/220509

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/Toolpro-Bench-Grinder-Polishing-Kit-8pc/386502

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/Toolpro-Bench-Grinder-Tapered-Spindles-2pce/386503

Thanks for links just drop in and pick them up today.

still got the price off as for online sale and was able to show from my phone.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to go at least 500w min for polishing.

Also don't use too much compound or you'll get clogged burnished wheels as above pic.

I run 2 machines. Soft wire brush, sisal, stitched rag calico in a mini production line.

For stainless I use black compound on the sisal and green on your last 2.

I then clean residue with isopropyl ot similar and hand polish with autosol and finish with mr sheen.

It's all about the extra effort I have found to get a really nice result. I also start with 240/400/600 wet and dry with wd40 as lubricant which works nicely.

Another item in the kit are these awesome drill attachments from Bordo?? Ranging from 60 to 200 grit awesome things but about 20 bucks ea.

Edited by KJS

Nice one Kurt, always taking it to the extreme, I like it.

Agree, that the more power the better. But for less than $50 the 250 watt does a good job quickly. Does the 500 watt, which is 4x more expensive, do the job 4x better and faster? Not sure. I decided to try the cheaper version first. If I really get into it I can always upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...

Playfield has been fully stripped. Here are some progress shots.

gUkkqGv.jpg?1

SjHLis0.jpg?1

...and old playfield now fully stripped.

rJwsjcG.jpg?1

Reassembly of restored playfield is underway. Here's our home gym getting a workout.

WpRpaid.jpg?1

• 2 months later...

Quick update. Getaway decals applied to the main cabinet.

7OKzTPu.jpg?1

64dlthb.jpg?1

Playfield nearly back together, mainly just the ramps and super charger to go.

0F1y4Cv.jpg?1

Fish Tales playfield has been stripped and touch up are underway. Third coat of clear this morning. Final touch ups next week then onto more clearing.

lIcBx8p.jpg?1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This project has kicked back onto gear in the last few weeks. Here's a bit of an update.

Cabinet decals completed today. It came out really well and I'm very happy.

pKJeR7h.jpg?1

rwRKo3Q.jpg?1

The playfield swap is close to done. I just need to order a final few parts.

OmKcNvN.jpg?1

g8Gi9kU.jpg?1

• 2 weeks later...

Getting really close now, playfield back in and fired up. All switches and solenoids working, unfortunately there are a few issues with final parts that has stopped me from having a few games this afternoon.

YqeBX43.jpg?1

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone help me out and measure/advise the size of the metal post on the right hand side of the boat ramp. I think the one I have is the wrong size. (It isn't listed in the manual.) Cheers

bj6EtWJ.jpg

The post is 95mm but it looks like the adapter yours sits on is to long. That is if mine is correct.https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=149881

Thanks mate. I can't see your attachment for some reason. The post I have is 66mm and that seems too big/tall.

Sorry mate I gave you the wrong measurement. The top of the post sits 97mm from the playfield. Can send some pics if you pm me your email.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

PM sent. cheers mate

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to @poidapoida

It seems that my post is approx 5 mm too big after accounting for the plastic protector.

• 3 months later...

I haven't touched this project for 3 1/2 months due to life getting in the way, but I'm back into it now. Machine is fully back together and playable. I'm now trouble shooting and fine turning.

h3YQjv8.jpg?1

I'm currently working on the reel that isn't working correctly. As soon as a ball is locked it is feed to the catapult and returned back to the playfield. All Optos are working and no errors are reported in reel test.

Can anyone tell me why there are 2 lines missing on the switch test graph? There are no blown fuses, all connectors are plugged in and all switches seem to be functioning. Edit: Just saw an online video and it seem that this how it is meant to be, so not an issue.

0wixQAc.jpg?1

Edited by jono