Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Officeworks make stickers, real cheap! Artwork Alternative?

I just had one made up for my Star Wars Machine. 610 x 450 was $30.00

https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/Print-And-Copy/Self-Adhesive-Posters

The material is like a vinyl, which feels reinforced, kind of like that stringy duct tape

The finish is flat / matt. I say dead flat. Not an ounce of gloss

These would be great for marquees which are behind glass or perspex

A lot of the Atari games are semi gloss or flat

You could probably use it on sideart as they print up to 1.4m (1000 x 1414 is $43.00)

I ordered online and they Texted me the next day when it was ready

Disclaimer: The material is thin. Good for rolling around panels I guess, but the life may be shorter than the thicker stuff

Also, make sure you make your art file the exact size they show on their website

IE: If it says 610 x 450, start with a white graphic of that exact size. Then drop your art in the middle. (I'm talking about while using photoshop or corel etc)

If you don't do this, officeworks will resize the piece to a 5mm white edge (Too big)

I had to rub the art to apply it and it stood up to that as you can see in the pic. Obviously it's a laser ink

http://www.amazingarcading.com.au/Marquee-sm.jpg

Hoping to hear positive stories

Good luck!

Marquee-sm.jpg.77d254258e840acea05ac6395caab7fb.jpg

Edited by dezbaz

• 4 months later...

Hey thanks for this. I went to the website and they need the image in a specific size and I'm (hopeless) having a hard time trying to get my CP image to the size they want. My file is 281x261 and I need it to be an A3. Any hints on how to do this?

Thanks again for the link.

I think your source image might be too low resolution to print at A3 and get good results.

A3 is 11.7” x 16.5" so 261x281 image will end up printing around 22DPI (dots per inch), so each pixel will be more than 1mm X 1mm.

They list the printable area for A3 as 297mm x 420mm, and print at 300DPI:

297/25.4*300 x 420/25.4*300

~= 3508 x 4961 pixels.

• 2 weeks later...

Can strongly recommend a site called posterfactory.com.au based in Syd. $17 for a 200GSM glossy A1 print, free shipping but $60 min order, two-day turnaround to my door in tassie. They don't have the 5mm borders officeworks like to put on things though you do need to allow for that much bleed, any image will do, they don't need CMYK formats, and help section of their site is great. Very happy with the results.

EDIT: oops, thread was about stickers, but i checked officeworks poster prices and they're twice as much, so thought i better post in the officeworks thread, lol.

Edited by buttersoft

• 2 weeks later...