Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The talent of some people

what he did wasnt so complex or of high skill, but what is impressive with these artists is the imagination. to think of using pencils like that is pretty clever.

You can have guys with limited skills but the key is the imagination to use them in the most effective way.

There are people the other way around also who have a crazy amount of skills who have no imagination.

Some times being able to effectively use the limited skills in the most imaginative way can trump those who have crazily good skills who dont have the imagination.

Then you have those freaks who have the crazy high skills and the creativity, then you get your mind blown away

A bloke I have worked on off for 15 years now, he is a gothic wood carver, who did all the carving for the saint Johns cathedral.

He is pretty famous in the wood carving scene.

He is an old bloke and while I was doing a completely different trade to that, I used to marvel at his work because it was insane.

I could never get my head around how he could see a block of wood and be able to see the finished article which would be something insanely complex.

It took him well over 40 years to complete the cathedral carvings all by hand with Chisels, his Dad started the job when my mate was a teenager and only an apprentice, his Dad bailed from the job like a year into the job and He took over and completed the rest for the next 40 years lol.

I tell ya something, when you find a guy who has that level of skills and creativity you stick to them like glue, because of how much you can learn from them, Most of my wood working skills were learnt from that man, and I couldn't even have a fraction of the skills and creativity he has.

Another guy Is a sign writer friend I have, he is also an old timer, does old school hand sign writing,

The guy is semi retired but there is such demand for Old school sign writing now as it is a dying art he cant seem to get away from it.

When I met this guy he blew my mind with his work, you cant help but ask to learn some of this shit

The good thing about Old timers is, they are able to teach you how to use your imagination while teaching you skills, thats the hardest sort of teacher you can find.

Its easier to learn how to use tools than it is to learn the imagination to create

Edited by jason1