Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 35 - Game 7 ~ BurgerTime (closes 3-Jun)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just curious if any MGLers like egg on their burgers?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Pretty common thing to have on burgers here in Australia - apparently it must have been too in Japan or wherever Data East was based. Not sure about putting a hot dog on a burger, that seems rather odd.

I’ve played several times but have yet to beat 20k to get a free guy. So- I plan to do that before I post a score.

I think we played this in another MGL as I did have to change the settings..

Still a great game and I am just beginning to get the “grouping”.

I went to the Barcade New Haven CT and played it there as well and coached a player that had no idea about making the ingredients fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I’ve played several times but have yet to beat 20k to get a free guy. So- I plan to do that before I post a score.

I think we played this in another MGL as I did have to change the settings..

Still a great game and I am just beginning to get the “grouping”.

I went to the Barcade New Haven CT and played it there as well and coached a player that had no idea about making the ingredients fall.

Grouping is where you will get the points from.

There is over 60k and 3 extras available on screen 1 alone.

• Super Moderator

....I have a few tips that may help increase your score....

Oh I see, Art of War - fight the enemy where they aren't, makes perfect sense :119:

I have to admit I wasn't a Fan of this at all, I knew I had never really tried it though.

After about 4 days playing, still did not enjoy it & even felt sad :(

Finally came up with some strategies that worked for me and its much more enjoyable, It's got strong puzzle elements and can be very rewarding when you figure something out.

Once I stopped stuffing around on Round 1 so much & started trying to learn 2 & 3 by making quick burgers & saving pepper on round 1 it became more enjoyable for me if that helps :)

816408296_SMK_btime_542450_wolf106.png.fe74aac2a62dafabdf754026ec99d28e.png

1st game of the night. Should have easily broken a million, if it weren't for the fact that I accidentally crushed all the enemies who were nicely packed together on stage 3 of all stages. :hissyfit: The stage with the BIG points if played right. Oh well, I still have a few more days left. :)

I have a few tips that may help increase your score.

Indeed, I watched your Twitch videos of Burger Time - the one I saw is gone now(?) and there's a Mr Do in it's place but the 1mil score one you have up still follows the strategy. I can't even get the f***ing baddie grouped despite trying to follow your video exactly :( I guess it takes practice and I should just play it as best I can myself using the tips listed and post a score. There's a bit of practice in getting those enemies grouped so closely AND waiting to the last minute to drop the burger ingredients with them all on top.

Thanks for the vids though, very interesting to watch, and being a Mr Do addict I'll certainly be watching those as I enjoy seeing other peoples' strategies!

Wasn't planning on playing Burgertime tonight but my few attempts at Flying Shark sucked. Turned off the volume on MAME, fired up the latest Head2Head pinball podcast for background noise and the rest is history. Game ended on round 20 but I had peppers left when I got there and managed to score points for once. Still a work in progress but I can't complain about a 200K increase in my PB.

Included screenshots from just before each rollover, round 20 with no peppers left and the initial entry screen

1338720671_roll1.png.592c89fdea12575eac4d059783a822c2.png

1157109099_roll2.png.e54c864218444a98b01c74240617aa5b.png

btime.png.ad8b6a5d02bb3a03bbca51b7e0cd5b6d.png

btim0000.png.59ba18f8c88b6e4fd9556e8473a2381b.png