State
    Barden Ridge NSW
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1144 Post(s)
    Australia

Best Sized Widebody?

Just curios what you would regard as the best size Widebody without taking weight into consideration.

Huge like Williams Stellar Wars

Huge like Gottliebs Genie

Huge like Bally Paragon

Supapin like Judge Dredd

Gottlieb Pantera sized

Actually as there are to many to list here is a full listing of them all.

http://pinballmakers.com/wiki/index.php/Playfield_Sizes

Which is you preference if it had to be a widebody, which would you choose from these?

State
    Truganina, Victoria
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2624 Post(s)
    Australia

State
    Looney Dooney 2
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    518 Post(s)
    Australia
    I have had Next Gen, Judge Dredd and still have a Hot Doggin which is the Paragon era, and have played all the others too. I think personally the Superpins were the right size, the others were just a little wider, but you could tell the difference. Saying that, I love playing them and all the people who say there slow, just wind them up a bit at the back and see the difference. I'm a fan. Wazza.
    Can Play while not spilling the beer.

State
    Central Coast,NSW
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1815 Post(s)
    New Zealand

State
    Barden Ridge NSW
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1144 Post(s)
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    I have had Next Gen, Judge Dredd and still have a Hot Doggin which is the Paragon era, and have played all the others too. I think personally the Superpins were the right size, the others were just a little wider, but you could tell the difference. Saying that, I love playing them and all the people who say there slow, just wind them up a bit at the back and see the difference. I'm a fan. Wazza.
    Yer I'm a bit partial to them myself providing all the shots are achievable and a good set of flippers or two. I thought Paragon was right for the size and Stellar Wars wasn't but a change to later model flippers had that right.

Someone out there has my Stellar Wars with FirePower flippers.

Shouldn't have moved on that pin. It come alive with excellent flippers. That is one I do regret selling and probably the Paragon.

I didn't mind Williams Pokerino that I'm sure would have been better with better flippers.

I would like to try a Williams Laser Cue one day as it come with better flippers and it was the last wide body other than Algar but you won't see one of them in a hurry..

Never played Hot Doggin.

Gottlieb Genie was pretty good use of the large playfield but I never found one with good flippers.

As for the supapins, Star Trek Next Gen, Indiana and Twilight seemed to use the extra size well.

I think some machine layouts warranted the larger playfield but some were just dogs and very heavy dogs at that.

State
    Looney Dooney 2
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    518 Post(s)
    Australia
    Are you going to The Barn meet at Leigh Huttons in August? There is a chance Alga will be playing, but not sure on the Laser Cue, but did see a rough one for sale a while back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can Play while not spilling the beer.

Thread Information