Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball at 1UP Arcade in Brisbane

Hi All,

Hope you are all off to an excellent start in 2018 !

Just recently I met Stephen from 1UP Arcade in Morningside, He was wanting to add pinball to his already large array of Arcade games at the Center.

I was impressed at what he and his crew had achieved there in only a short time and could see he had a passion for arcade games like I have with pinball.

We have just setup 16 popular Solid State/Electronic pinball games there, giving a good variety, spanning the late 1970s to early 2000s.

So whether you are a local or just visiting Brisbane it is fantastic value and certainly worth a visit.

This is a fairly up to date list of what Arcade, Pinball and Console games are up and running there at the moment with more to come :

http://www.1uparcade.com.au/games

Hours & Prices are on the site also.

Might see you there!

Ive been down there and its good fun. Very different vibe to pincadia and Netherworld, certainly not as social and approachable for the intermediate fans.

When i was there a couple of weeks back, some of the pinball machines were pretty sluggish & had issues what made them fairly compromised. Anyone know if there has been any improvement there?

Ty and I went there today and spent about 3.5 hours playing. We didn't play all of the machines but a fair few: Medusa, Eight Ball Deluxe, Evel Knievel, Banzai Run, Addam's Family, Whitewater, Austin Powers, Diner, and Robocop.

They all worked well, except for Whitewater, which developed an issue with the VUK. We told the operator, who was on it literally within minutes. Mr & Mars Pac-Man was out of order, all others turned on an working fine. The Evel Knievel is unbelievable, literally like NIB.

Lighting could be a bit better, but was tolerable.

$15 to play as much as you like (potentially for eight hours straight) is a good deal, IMO.

Michi.

Ty and I went there today and spent about 3.5 hours playing. We didn't play all of the machines but a fair few: Medusa, Eight Ball Deluxe, Evel Knievel, Banzai Run, Addam's Family, Whitewater, Austin Powers, Diner, and Robocop.

They all worked well, except for Whitewater, which developed an issue with the VUK. We told the operator, who was on it literally within minutes. Mr & Mars Pac-Man was out of order, all others turned on an working fine. The Evel Knievel is unbelievable, literally like NIB.

Lighting could be a bit better, but was tolerable.

$15 to play as much as you like (potentially for eight hours straight) is a good deal, IMO.

Michi.

Yeah both WW & Pac were culprits when i was there, Dr Who as well. Pretty keen to make my way down there again.

The pricing i thought was pretty fair for the arcade / pin-junkies, but if you are taking your family & a bit more of a casual fan - it wasn't. I went with my wife and 3 yo kid. If they wanted to play both types - its $75. If you were going with your wife & 2 kids - $100 to play video games and pinball for a few hours is pretty steep.. Staying 8 hours with your family is not an option. 2 - maybe 3hrs tops. I dare say that families are not the target audience, but they are a good audience none the less. Essentially when we left my wife agreed it was good fun but suggested next time i might have to go without her or the kid.

One tip i would REALLY suggest to them is to just include the lounge/console game area on both packages. Main reason being, they literally have no where to sit other than those areas. For example, that night we went - i had both arcade/pinball pass but the others only got the pinnys (due to the cost & their level of interest). After 2 hours wife and the little 3y.o tacker were getting sore legs & restless - my wife took him over to the lounge which had Sonic set up and they both were able to sit there and chill out a bit & he was able to be occupied. Unfortunately though i asked her to double check that the pinny passes allow them to use that area and they were told no. If they were able to have we would have stayed a lot longer and i most likely would have been back a few times since, as such - we haven't and going to Netherworld and Pincadia for our family outings - can have dinner, a few beers, mlkshakes, lounge around, get public transport etc.

I am pretty keen to head over there again & stay for a good while -had flashbacks of lock in sessions at Time Zone.

Thanks for the comments and feedback RaoulJuke. We initially made the retro console lounge part of the arcade entry as we've found most people tend to be pinball or video game fans, however even though we have seating at the front reception, I can see your point for having this seating and space available for people attending the arcade with a pinball player.

These areas are new expansions for our venues and we're still working out any bugs, but we'll look to make some changes as you've suggested, and will include the retro console lounge with both the pinball and arcade entries.

Cheers,

Stephen

Thanks for the comments and feedback RaoulJuke. We initially made the retro console lounge part of the arcade entry as we've found most people tend to be pinball or video game fans, however even though we have seating at the front reception, I can see your point for having this seating and space available for people attending the arcade with a pinball player.

These areas are new expansions for our venues and we're still working out any bugs, but we'll look to make some changes as you've suggested, and will include the retro console lounge with both the pinball and arcade entries.

Cheers,

Stephen

No worries mate. For me & my wife we love taking our son out to places like you've got there. Son is only 3 but has taken to pinball and old style video games like he was born in another era, he is asking us all the time to take him back to 1 up, Netherworld, Pincadia. Problem is, his excitement tends to be bigger than his ambition and he tends to get tired or overwhelmed. At Netherworld, after about 40 minutes he tends to end up sitting at the table playing all the board games like connect 4 & he is completely happy, and so are we. The lounge set-up you have is perfect for that as those games like sonic or mario they tend to zone out a bit - kid is happy and occupied, mum's happy as the kid is occupied and they can lounge around & dad is happy pulling Kano's head off over at MK.

A good middle ground would be to make a single "U10 Kids Pass" for $15. Anyone going with a kid under the age of 10 is most likely only there for 1-2hours, as realistically you need to cap kids usage on stuff otherwise they turn into fearless & get attachment issues

You'd be surprised how long younger kids last at the arcade... Usually 2-4 hours. We once had a 7yo Birthday party with around 15 kids. They arrived a 2pm and some were there til closing at 10pm!! :o