Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Lethal weapon 3 cabinet and backbox decals

Hello all :)

i have just joined this great community :)

currently i have only 2 pins in my collection - LW3 and IJ:TPA.

I am preparing to apply decals to indy (for starters only backbox - I will see how I will manage to do it:))

2 months ago I knew nothing about repairing and servicing pins - now I have changed bulbs to leds, installed pf protectors, solded few transistors and many more things I had no idea of then :) I am very proud of myself ;)

BUT my backbox and cabinet of LW3 is looking awfully that's why I am looking for a file with decals for it - I want to as much as I can myself so that's why I want to take care of the printing also myself. I know that decal files are harder to find than newest movies on torrents but it's worth a try - maybe someone can share at least decals for backbox (pin was on sun I think, paint is coming off - it looks awful - blue version, not the black one)

I would like to tune it a little bit. and the cost sets are a killer. I have spent so much money on these two badboys that I need to cut every cost possible (it is not easy to buy a pinball machine if you know only how to turn it on ;)) everybody wants to sell you garbage at highest possible price.. lw3 has nice pf but outside looks like crap :)

I would be very thankfull if someone could help me with this.

Firstly, welcome to AA. Great to hear you are doing some stuff yourself as it can be expensive if you have too pay a technician, especially if they come to you. Good luck with the decals if you intend to print yourself. I reckon a full set of cab/headbox decals can really make a huge difference to a machine's look and if you have to purchase them, all up should be no more than $400 - $420 (decals, spray filler, paint, builders bog, sandpaper, etc) - as long as you the job yourself.

All the best with it.

Well if that wouldnt be a big problem.. hell I might do a black version of lw3 it looks nice as well and paint is easier to find - there's only one black ;)

if I manage to create decals in photoshop i would be grateful. I will try to create something :)

IMG_7927.thumb.jpg.d9fd31ad6a882692936d3a7a062ba75f.jpg

Bloody hard to get a decent shot as the decals are laminated and glossy and reflect everything off them. I can try and get a better shot outside tomorrow with my Canon digital SLR if you'd prefer.

If you look closely, the quality of the decal is not great as I am tipping these were scanned and edited anyway by others. But just had a look at my photographs when I first got the machine and it appears very similar.

636150099_Delivered8.thumb.jpg.4c476599f00f0d94e3f3b70056d0d014.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]122104[/ATTACH]

Bloody hard to get a decent shot as the decals are laminated and glossy and reflect everything off them. I can try and get a better shot outside tomorrow with my Canon digital SLR if you'd prefer.

If you look closely, the quality of the decal is not great as I am tipping these were scanned and edited anyway by others. But just had a look at my photographs when I first got the machine and it appears very similar.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]122105[/ATTACH]

Thanks

if you could try with SLR that would be perfect - I need highest resolution possible otherwise the print wont be sharp. thanks :)

the best possible option would be to use a scanner but that is way more expensive than a decal set :) so I think I will try to do something with what I got :)

Thanks

if you could try with SLR that would be perfect - I need highest resolution possible otherwise the print wont be sharp. thanks :)

the best possible option would be to use a scanner but that is way more expensive than a decal set :) so I think I will try to do something with what I got :)

Do you want the blue or the black? I have not yet sanded back the hesdbox yet so can still photograph the original blue colour. Or I can photograph the black decal. Let me know which one you prefer.

Do you want the blue or the black? I have not yet sanded back the hesdbox yet so can still photograph the original blue colour. Or I can photograph the black decal. Let me know which one you prefer.

damn too much choice ;)

to be honest I would prefer blue but black should be easier to edit in photoshop.. please try blue if possible :) thank you I will try to do something with it.

thank you

[ATTACH=CONFIG]122152[/ATTACH]

Try this one. I can also email you so PM me your email address.

this looks ok but can you upload it e.g to zippyshare with higher resolution? full decalset as far as I remember is somwhere around 19000x1600 (all elements) - backbox decal should be something around 3200x9000 resolution 300x300dpi

this looks ok but can you upload it e.g to zippyshare with higher resolution? full decalset as far as I remember is somwhere around 19000x1600 (all elements) - backbox decal should be something around 3200x9000 resolution 300x300dpi

I have no idea what that means, ha ha. Maybe I should ask a 13 yr old? I can email photos and attach pics to forum posts but uploading to zippyshare, I have not done before. I have the original image and it's 1586x4191 and 3.9MB. I don't think I can achieve a higher resolution without borrowing a better and more modern camera from someone. My camera is a 7yr old Canon digital SLR. Great for home family shots but probably not suited for this type of high resolution requirements.

I have no idea what that means, ha ha. Maybe I should ask a 13 yr old? I can email photos and attach pics to forum posts but uploading to zippyshare, I have not done before. I have the original image and it's 1586x4191 and 3.9MB. I don't think I can achieve a higher resolution without borrowing a better and more modern camera from someone. My camera is a 7yr old Canon digital SLR. Great for home family shots but probably not suited for this type of high resolution requirements.

Zippyshare is a file hosting service :)

http://www.zippyshare.com - you choose (or drag and drop) a file from your computer (in this case photo :)) click UPLOAD and after that you will get a link - just send the link :)

Zippyshare is a file hosting service :)

http://www.zippyshare.com - you choose (or drag and drop) a file from your computer (in this case photo :)) click UPLOAD and after that you will get a link - just send the link :)

Will attempt tomorrow as working until late tonight. Will let you know how I go. I just hope the file is large enough for you.

Will attempt tomorrow as working until late tonight. Will let you know how I go. I just hope the file is large enough for you.

Just if its not a big problem for you. If you have many things on your head - take care with your things :)

Just if its not a big problem for you. If you have many things on your head - take care with your things :)

http://www91.zippyshare.com/v/pA9se6qt/file.html

Try this. The problem is I am using an Apple Mac. When I drag the 3.9MB image from my 'Photos' application, to the desktop ready to drag into the zippy share program, it loses image quality for some reason and drops to 1.3MB. I cannot drag straight from 'Photos' application, it just won't allow me. I've tried my best. Maybe another LW3 owner can assist?

Try this. The problem is I am using an Apple Mac. When I drag the 3.9MB image from my 'Photos' application, to the desktop ready to drag into the zippy share program, it loses image quality for some reason and drops to 1.3MB. I cannot drag straight from 'Photos' application, it just won't allow me. I've tried my best. Maybe another LW3 owner can assist?

too much compression I think but i will look at it on Monday as today is end of working :)

looks ok I dont know if it will be enough for printing but I will try to try :)

thanks!! have a nice weekend!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello,

I search only the coin-door decal file to print it and restore my LW3.

image_42140_1.jpg.70c863b859e8235a337e5476563d79a6.jpg

If some one can help me and upload it again.

Regards

Sorry but I cannot assist. I have restored the LW3 with the 'black edition' decals. Besides the coin door is in and all completed. Maybe someone else can assist with a high res photo of the front of their machine?

All the best.

Sorry but I cannot assist. I have restored the LW3 with the 'black edition' decals. Besides the coin door is in and all completed. Maybe someone else can assist with a high res photo of the front of their machine?

All the best.

Black edition can be ok. I only need to change black to blue.