Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone in Brisbane or surrounds has done any of the Wii U hacking that allows for custom firmware, Wii U and original Wii game loading from USB drive and various other tricks. I have a fully softmodded Wii that I did myself, way, way back in the day. However, these days I just don't have the time, nor inclination to softmod consoles. It's all too much reading and stuffing around these days.

My 3 year old has just started to express an interest in games, so I have hooked up the old Wii to let him play some Wii sports and the like. He's loving it, and pretty soon, I will want him to graduate to the Wii U. I'd love to be able to USB load games simply so that he doesn't destroy my discs and the Wii U disc drive. Toddlers are not kind to consoles.

Does anyone offer a Wii U modding service? Happy to pay for it to be done by someone in the know. If you know someone who can, or have done it yourself, please comment or shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

I have not done it myself on the wii u but it appears to be much easier than the wii.

Just from a quick search yesterday I found one method where all you do is use the inbuilt browser on the wii u and access a Web site and it does the rest.

I have not done it myself on the wii u but it appears to be much easier than the wii.

Just from a quick search yesterday I found one method where all you do is use the inbuilt browser on the wii u and access a Web site and it does the rest.

Nah, it's significantly more difficult if you want to do it properly and have it work 100%. This guide shows the complexity of doing it.

https://wiiu.hacks.guide/

I can follow the steps, it's just a matter of finding the time to do it. Would rather just pay for a modding service. Ozmodchips don't seem to offer it, which is weird, as they do most other soft and hard mods.

Seems like plenty of easy ways to do it from what i have read.

i would have thought the wii would be fine for your 3 year old for many years yet. I find it is still the best console out to play for young (and young at heart) kids.

Seems like plenty of easy ways to do it from what i have read.

i would have thought the wii would be fine for your 3 year old for many years yet. I find it is still the best console out to play for young (and young at heart) kids.

Yes, the initial browser hack is easy, but is also unstable as hell on 5.5.2, which is what my Wii U is on. What's complex is all the stuff you have to do to get CFW running AFTER the initial exploit that allows you to install the Homebrew Channel. Things like installing a more permanent hack (so you don't have to run the browser hack every time and also enabling custom signing for USB loaders etc). Not to mention hacking vWii to enable USB loading of original Wii games.

If no one has done it, I will just figure it out myself.

I modded ours a year and a half ago using the more permanent system haxchi i think it is. it seemed fairly easy following the guides from memory. easy compared to original wii mod anyway hah. didnt bother added the vwii mod to thw wii u as we have a modded wii and never use it any more anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...