Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Axel's Pinball Meet - July

Axel's Pinball Meet - July

@Thomo

I’m flying in Friday.

Can’t wait...... mainly for the rest. Sooo tired.

See you all Saturday.

Edit

Wow. I just looked at the line up.

Used to own a Space Shuttle, just repaired a Six Million Dollar Man last night, did some Demo Man comp practice the night before, currently restoring a Funhouse, also just been fixing a Centaur and just sold my Rollercoaster Tycoon.

My kind of lineup. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Thomo

I’m flying in Friday.

Can’t wait...... mainly for the rest. Sooo tired.

See you all Saturday.

Edit

Wow. I just looked at the line up.

Used to own a Space Shuttle, just repaired a Six Million Dollar Man last night, did some Demo Man comp practice the night before, currently restoring a Funhouse, also just been fixing a Centaur and just sold my Rollercoaster Tycoon.

My kind of lineup. [emoji41]

SNAP

Just got home and not as far as I first thought. I'll start by saying a big thank you to Axel and Helen for hosting another great Meet. Top selection of machines, tasty food and as usual, the company was the best with the 'usual suspects'.

Got to play some titles I haven't played before but my favourites were Black Rose, Centaur and Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Great private and secluded location and greeted by a couple of kanga's on the way in.......

IMG_0099.thumb.jpg.fcaa888d14222e0c54a7dcb0c0da314f.jpg

The collection:

IMG_0100.thumb.jpg.93f5545f46ecc1d31f5e68fd4cd2167d.jpg IMG_0101.thumb.jpg.71f3733de73e7061e4e8e9fa4103f0ff.jpg IMG_0105.thumb.jpg.32e0b501457e0cb7c8bc14651a69c05f.jpg IMG_0106.thumb.jpg.4472cd09c9c8265ec605eae5653712dc.jpg IMG_0111.thumb.jpg.e38e191409fa7f73f764e5d1553c87bf.jpg

Even the arcade machines got used:

IMG_0108.thumb.jpg.f3f6073d3dcba0aa3f46ae09c272299b.jpg

And I snuck in a game of Galaga myself:

IMG_0104.thumb.JPG.2521aa29d1a82def929dd48f2a33b90e.JPG

This fella should be a topper on 'Roller Coaster Tycoon', instead of the stand-up arcade cab:

IMG_0103.thumb.jpg.34c0921896968e2d988ab520601240fd.jpg

I loved the original 'Steve Austin' topper doll:

IMG_0112.thumb.jpg.abc5682485fb44d493b02301de5205a7.jpg

These toppers are worth bit of money now......https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-The-Six-Million-Dollar-Man-Action-Figure-Doll-Not-Complete-Steve-Austin/123209328404?hash=item1cafd92714%3Ag%3AlDIAAOSw7tRbBlq9&_sacat=0&_nkw=steve+austin+doll&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0

After the marinated and BBQ'd chicken ribs, hot beef & gravy rolls, kransky's in rolls, etc, came the food for us sweet tooths:

IMG_0110.thumb.JPG.0705aa54dab4141d699d1b6248f1d3a3.JPG IMG_0109.thumb.jpg.1ab1b02fd484af200b71cc08f4806537.jpg

Thanks again guys and see you all at the next one!

Edited by Glenn70

Wanted to say a big thank you to Axel and Helen, Moyra and I had a fantastic time!

What a great selection of machines! All played and held up really well.

Food and company was fantastic as usual, and hats off on having a comp that I can get into! :laugh:

Moyra, sadly is nursing a very sore head so I doubt I will see her before late this afternoon. :lol

I hope the rest of the 'shot clubbers' fared better. And I hope Helen is not too hungover. :D

Now what's this about a January meet?

Yes thanks to Axel, Helen and the boys for holding a great meet. I really enjoyed centaur and who dunnit and gas bagging to all there.

Was concerned about the roos and your driveway re my wife's car and @hotty and I considered tying Fab to the front grill for roo protection but I successfully negotiated out of your drive.

But 10 mins out from home, at 100 kms and no Fab strapped to the grill, I hit Mr Easter bunny. DOH!

Anyone willing to break the news to my wife for me, pls pm me as pinball god has left town :confused:

IMG20180722103551.thumb.jpg.e0a6706a91bbe0a2b5ed0b0b5277e1c8.jpg

Thank you very much Axel, Helen and family for putting on a great meet, lots of fun had by all!

Hope we weren’t too rowdy, at least the neighbours didn’t seem to mind too much :lol

Cheers to Mike & Moyra for getting me home safe, I was a bit non compos mentis at the end there...

non compos mentis

ˌnɒn ˌkɒmpɒs ˈmɛntɪs/Submit

adjective

not sane or in one's right mind.

Yes thanks to Axel, Helen and the boys for holding a great meet. I really enjoyed centaur and who dunnit and gas bagging to all there.

Was concerned about the roos and your driveway re my wife's car and @hotty and I considered tying Fab to the front grill for roo protection but I successfully negotiated out of your drive.

But 10 mins out from home, at 100 kms and no Fab strapped to the grill, I hit Mr Easter bunny. DOH!

Anyone willing to break the news to my wife for me, pls pm me as pinball god has left town :confused:

No good at all. Like I stated mate, that's an insurance claim right there. The damage is more than your $500 excess.

Look on the bright side, a rabbit is better than hitting a big roo! All the best getting it repaired.

A huge thank you to Axel and Helen for opening your home and hosting the meet last night.

Your home and property are beautiful and you were awesome hosts! Good food, good pins, good company - I had a great night :)

Hopefully I didn't wear your RfM out :D

Thanks Axel & Helen & Family for having us over.

Your meet was very nostalgic. I felt I was back at Pinball Faith in the early days as your latest (and only) stern was Rollercoaster Tycoon, and your other machines were a mixture of bally/williams and older machines that I've hardly played before.

Thanks for the hospitality and for deafening me with your Thunderbird (Triumph not Homepin!) :lol

Thanks Heaps Axel, Helen and the boys. We had an absolute ball. I actually ate a beef roll and played some pinball for the first time at a meet haha. Don't know how it ended up us being the last to leave at 2:30am again but I can remember a heap of laughs and the usual good times! Beautiful house as well. Top night!

Thanks Axel,Helen and family for a great night

Cathy and i had a fantastic night

Good food , Good Company and a Good collection

of Pinballs What more could you ask for.

Thanks to everyone who attended and hopefully those who were up in Brissy will be able to make the next one.

We really enjoyed the night and are a bit worse for wear today (Thanks @Queen Of Shots).

Pins held up Ok which was a big relief and Helen and I are already planning our next meet (hopefully in Jan).

Special thanks to @AGW72 for running the secret score comp and putting up the prizes which was very very generous of him.

Also thanks to @tas_tig3r for coming up the week before and helping me iron out a few gremlins as well as @Glenn70 and @Broncoman for bringing some yummy desserts.

These meets go from strength to strength and it now feels as though the Pins take second place to the good company, banter and conversation.

Cheers everyone

Ax, Helen, Matty and Cam

Thanks for such a great night Axl and Helen.

Was impressed with how nice that Space Shuttle looked as well as Funhouse.

Food was beautiful and plentiful.

The deserts were a smash hit. Couldn’t stop sucking down the caramel cubes thanks @Glenn70

Sorry about smashing your WhoDunnit high scores first ball.

It played really nice too.

That was my last until end of year so see you all in November.

Such an awesome property, home and game room.

Cheers

Edy

Thanks Axel & Helen for hosting a great night with so much food and an awesome collection of games.

Having lived in a mud brick house myself when I was younger I was admiring the character of your home which brought back some fond memories.

Looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks.