Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Air con unit not working correctly - can anyone help?

John73

Was working last night, had a problem today - wouldn't start. Got it going now, but not blowing cold air and the out door unit fan is not going. Does this mean the outdoor unit is kaput?

Tried a few things I found on Fujitsu related websites (power off 20 mins then back on to reset, clean filters etc.).

The Operation light (Red) is blinking four times, the timer light (green) is blinking twice (in time with the first two operating lights). I can't find error codes online for the exact model (ASTA24LFC I believe is the model) - but a few websites such as this: https://www.fujitsuairconditioningperth.com.au/fujitsu-error-codes/ say this means: FORCED AUTO SWITCH WELDED Anyone know what the hell that means?

- - - Updated - - -

edit: maybe I miscounted before, it's 5 red and 2 green. Which is CURRENT TRIP Have checked trip switches on power board and nothing is tripped there.

Have a look inside the outdoor Compressor, could be a mouse or spider arced across the terminal block. That knock mine out once, make sure the power is off before touching anything.

Me + anything electrical = not good.

Time to call the air con guys I think - hopefully it's an easy and relatively cheap fix :)

First thing - turn outside isolator off for 5 minutes

Turn back on

That does a system reset

Come back with blinking light count

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Cheers for the advice. Did that, after turning back on from the isolator switch - nothing on any of the LEDs!

Turned it on with remote, and now just the operation light (red) is on.

Had the mode set to "Cool" with the master control button (options are Auto, Cool, Dry, Heat). It was blowing air from the indoor unit, but def not 18 degree's it is set to. There was a very small amount of air blowing from the outdoor unit, def not as much as normal.

Put it into "Auto" which is what I've always had it one, and it's still blowing air from the indoor unit, but not cold and there is nothing at all blowing from the outdoor unit fan.

Been on for a few minutes now, and it's blinking red/green, red/green, red, red, red

I'm going to guess

That the gecko on the Pcb has blown the Pcb

Hard to tell without pulling it apart

Ill text you a number of a guy to check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Yep

same happened to me

Bloody Gecko's love Fujitsu A/C's

Fried HV control PCB in my ODU

I believe the tiny switching transformers on sub pcb's emanate a certain frequency that gives them a hard on

I'm going Mitsubishi next time

If you choose to fix the ODU, the error codes can be misleading