Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

European driving holiday

Awesome, I have seen some great stuff so far, have made it to Blackpool, bought a kilo of rock blackpool rock candy that is, to bring back for the kids.

Spent a few hours at the arcades here, they are on pretty much every corner, mostly coin pushers, claw & redemption machines.

I will post up some pictures later tonight when I upload the pics off my phone, heading to Manchester tommorow.

20190623_100957.thumb.jpg.85c59e32d7fafe06d3cb30628d0733d8.jpg

Yeah they love those coin machines. I was at the Brighton Pier a few weeks ago and the arcade hall was full of them. Not a single pinball machine in sight. The only pinballs I've seen on my travels were two late model Stern games in a sports bar in Switzerland last week.

Yeah there was a ghostbusters on the pier here in Blackpool, it was the only pinball ive seen so far.

Spent a few months in London with my step son and he put me onto The Four Quarters arcade bar. They now have two as they have been very successful.

website7.jpg.e4edf3693490ed727a077e7273b9cae3.jpg

Situated on Peckham’s bustling Rye Lane, Four Quarters opened its’ doors in June 2014 and quickly established itself as one of the area’s best loved bars as well as London’s first arcade bar.

Alongside a top-class selection of craft beers, the bar boasts more than 15 original arcade cabs from the early 80’s up to the 2000’s, a cosy upstairs room with 10 retro consoles (open Fri-Sat) and a hidden basement cocktail bar and club space called ‘The Confession Box’ (open Thurs-Sat).

Our kitchen is open Tuesday to Saturday serving up hearty hot-dogs, loaded fries and grilled cheese, while the bar is famous for its eclectic events, including theme parties, live music and a host of local DJ talent!

All our arcades run on US quarters, which can be purchased at £1 for 4 (Four Quarters, geddit?!), while our consoles are all free to play. We also have two pinball tables which run on UK currency.

They have since opened a second venue in February of 2017 and visitors can enjoy a familiar combination of classic arcade and console gaming, but in an entirely different setting to the Peckham bar.

four_qarters_interiors_00049.thumb.jpg.fa3f235aebb246a59d674174b0efd607.jpg

Situated on the canalside at Hackney Wick, in the brand new ‘Tech Hub’ at Here East, inside the boundaries of the Olympic Park, it’s an equally fine location for a sunny afternoon refresher or a late night drink.

With a similarly excellent selection of games and craft beer, Four Quarters East also boasts a truly world-class spirits range and is a fully equipped cocktail bar serving some of the finest drinks in the area. Time Out recently awarded us ‘Bar of the Week’ and described our cocktails as “…one hell of a ride!”

If all that wasn’t enough reason to visit we also offer a very competitive happy hour with house beers, wines & spirits at £3.50 and most cocktails at £6 or £7 which runs 5pm-7pm Monday to Friday, while we have 3 extremely popular console booths with a selection of retro consoles. If you get hungry our kitchen serves high-quality cheese & meat plates, cold sandwiches and bar snacks.

Like our sister venue, all our arcades run on US quarters, which can be purchased at £1 for 4, while our consoles are all free to play. We also have two pinball tables which run on UK currency.

arcade1.png.92e4b264673b763e5fb9aa035a1d8ffd.png

• 3 weeks later...

How's your travels going ? I've put approx. 7500kms on the clock in three weeks. Finished my second Euro road trip last Saturday. Unfortunately I spent two hours detained and questioned by Border Force at the Eurotunnel at Calais.

- - - Updated - - -

I am currently in Brussels, have only done a bit over 3000 miles in the little Getz, still trying to get my head around the road rules in the cities, I didnt drive much in France, we trained it into Paris and walked around instead.

We were stopped at Folkstone while they did their drug swabs but found it a easy process.

I have realised that the wife needs to travel a bit lighter, she has 3 bags, I have 1, as we are staying in a lot of places that have no lifts I am losing weight, I dont know if we can fit much more in the Getz :)

Now we are well into Germany at a place called Sondershausen, at a nice little B&B for the night then off to Dusseldorf tomorrow, going to do the VW tour at 3pm.

I was going to throw up some pictures but for some reason the cable has packed it in so ill have to wait till im back.

If you are still in Germany next week, Freddy's pinball paradise opens to the public on Saturday 27th. I'll be there. :039:

Highly recommended. Try and stay the night in Echzell - it stays open pretty much until the last person leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Back now, saw everything we wanted to see and more, just over 10,000 ks all up, got booked by a A$$hole cop in Austria for following the GPS and a local down a supposed closed street ?, 20 Euro on the spot, sold the Getz at the end for 400 euro to a local Croatian Mechanic.

Just been so busy since we have been back, (should have stayed away :D) will upload some pictures when I get some decent time to spare.