Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Degaussing Wand (Where to buy?)

Need a new one. Was hoping Jaycar had one but nope.

What are people using or recommending nowadays. This old red dildo has finally died after some years.

a199de0deb2bd2ef10abf33c87df9dc4.jpg

You sure that it is a deguassing wand??

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

Yeah thats the same one Zax has for $129. Look very nice but not sure I need one that good. Very need I need to use one. Ill try the cheapo $20 one first and then go from there. Thanks for your help fellas

You sure that it is a deguassing wand??

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

That’s all I have and it works. For a few monitors at home, you don’t need the dear one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheap ones are ok for quick job

Just watch out as they can catch fire if left on too long.

Those cheap ones have a button that works likes a dead-man switch, no? Or does it actually click on?

I do wonder about damaging them. I use a Nakamichi degaussing wand from the 70's that was meant for cassette-player heads. Not sure how powerful it is, i'd actually like to know. I once left it on for three weeks by mistake. The housing is now slightly warped, but it still works ok.

Yes button needs to be pressed and held in order for it to work. The leads are quite cheaply made where they enter the casing so a good smear of silicone around the entry tends to strengthen them to alleviate movement around the hard plastic case and stops the wires from braking and shorting out.

Yeah thats the same one Zax has for $129. Look very nice but not sure I need one that good. Very need I need to use one. Ill try the cheapo $20 one first and then go from there. Thanks for your help fellas
El cheapo should work fine

https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2F34NZDc6hloI&data=02%7C01%7C%7C025d48b208d54170fd3408d5b20731b2%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636610666320456364&sdata=5ufHTeu1uJFIEqPB%2F13CORDJXwfNOp19n%2BS023lmnU8%3D&reserved=0

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk