Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Dodgy pinball parts dealers

Guest gunigoogoo

Guest gunigoogoo

OK, let's start this list. I have one to add but I have to wait until I get more info. Will keep you posted.

pescefritte

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gunigoogoo

Being a novice, I have only made a couple of purchases so I don't have much to compare against. One recent one was for a pair of Gottlieb Smart Switches that set me back $60 including postage. I stupidly assumed they would be brand new for that price but how wrong I was. On opening the contents, I could tell straight away they were in worse condition than the ones I was replacing. One even had a hastily made playfield bracket that looked like a blind man had been at it with a drill. Anyway, I thought if they worked it would still be OK. Wrong again. they were duds! I wont release the name of the supplier yet because I'm waiting for him to get back to me, hopefully with some form of compensation or refund.

Since then, I have done some enquiries and can get the same parts, brand new from Bumper Action for the same price or from the USA even cheaper.

Live and learn!

I'll keep you posted shortly on the outcome.

pescefritte

Guest gunigoogoo

Thanks for removing the link terry007. The guy is threatening me with legal action if I post anything about him and his company and I don't know how serious he is. I don't need the hassle.

Am I legally within my rights to publicly describe my experiences or not?

Suffice to say, I'm now going to use pbresource.com.

pescefritte

You are only relaying to other like minded people your experiences with a particular retailer. If you are not lying (and I am in no way suggesting you are) then you should have no problems. I think the lawyer bit is a bit over the top from him!! Once again , you are only reporting your dealings, and you received inferior merchandise at a premium price.

Guest gunigoogoo

This is a section of the nice email he sent me:

send swiches back. if they test faulty ill will decide on replacements or

refunds .

if they are not then you pay postage and handling again for wasting my time

.($15)

if you got other ones already that s your call and its irrelevant to this

issue (whinge) you have with my switches. so cool down a bit and behave a

bit more maturelly .

ps if you defame or badger my name or bussiness in any way ill introduce

you to my lawyers.

Would you want to deal with this person again, even if it's to set things right?

pescefritte

Whoever it is sounds like an idiot and needs to be introduced to a dictionary or a spell-check. Id say cut your losses even if you sent them back chances are he/she will say they work fine then hit you up for more $$. Just be glad you didnt buy a machine off the person. People that threaten legal proceedings over such small incidents especially when they know they are in the wrong REALLY PISS ME OFF!

:evil :evil

also remember that you as a consumer have rights and can speak to your state's department of fair trading or equivalent body.

Lawyers are not there to bully the public and the seller should not be holding them over you as a threat.

In saying that, you need to be sensible too in what you say and do.

Ric

Guest gunigoogoo

I don't have a leg to stand on in this case. I didn't ask if the parts were new or used (stupidly) and there's no way to prove that the parts didn't work before I got them. He can always argue that I broke them. I just got shafted and I have to live with it.

pescefritte

People who jump in with legal threats, usually have no idea about legal matters and are generally just attempting to put someone off. Anyone who has had dealings with solicitors or barristers will realise the costs involved and know that suing someone for a very minor defamation of character is just not worth the cost or the loss of work time involved.

but it does happen... I'm all for freedom of speech and being able to tell everyone if person X's service sucks.... (That was my arguement, but I was shot down.)

but just look at all the BS over (company name removed) and these forums that was going on earlier this year.

Still thinking about if I should release their name or not.

i would do it. if you can't have a crack about getting crappy used products instead of new stuff, then you can have a go at them for their lack of curteosy (that's not spelt right) and respect for their customers. even if he is a moron and tries to sue (which he wont) then at least you have his emails.

i tried to access this link http://www.aussiearcade.com/showt...legal+actio n

that MICKEY JUICE posted but got this message below,

would love to have a read of whatever it was:badgrin , so how do i access :cry

do i need a secret handshake or something

jeff, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Guys anyone has the right to make public any factual dealings , as long as you keep it factual and dont share your opinion or thoughts publicly about the company or employee's of the company.

You can even search government records , news papers , court documents or whatever you want to make public any company or it's employee's if it is factual and not bound by a signed confidentiality agreement.

I was threatened and later sued by Australia's largest Spammers Wayne Mansfield for making public everything I could find out about him , I even publicly called him Australia's most persistent spammers , I posted every public complaint , all personal and financial records of this spammer who eventually lost the case when the judge declared that everything I said was fact and true , the fact that I filled in many gaps that people weren't aware of was irrelevant no matter how much he didnt want it known.

The truth lost him $1000 per day , almost all of his business and still has him blacklisted on site from every ISP in the world.

The moral of this story was he did the damage himself , I just made it public , lets face it if he was a running a good company and I did the same thing it would have been free advertising .

The judge even commented I would have more than likely been lying by saying he wasn't a spammer :)