Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 35 - Game 5 ~ Punch-Out!! (closes 20-May)

Pessimeister: 122, 820

0012.png.8f22b2bec4200ab5a8c81e5f64046639.png

Yipes. Got soundly put to sleep by the champ. I couldn't land a blow! The technique for beating Pizza-Pasta was nice though. That low charge that he does gives the best window for hitting him if you dodge right.

Edited by Pessimeister

I always find it interesting when people complain about a game that I love and when people love a game that I don't feel the love for.

To me, this game is something that I never played a lot of but always wished that I played it more and am enjoying playing it (although, unfortunately, I still haven't put a lot of time into it).

The first time I ever saw this game in an arcade (I had never heard of it prior) was in Orbit 1 in Newcastle. My Nan and Grandfather (Fath) took my brother and I in as a treat, I would have been 8 at the time.

I remember walking in, the room was dark and loud and there was a large crowd around this new game that seemed louder than the rest. The machine looked massive, I stood and watched for a while, only seeing glimpses of actual game play but I could see the top screen and that was enough for me, before moving on to have a few games on other titles but after each game I went back to watch a little more of Punch-Out!!! being played.

I told my brother that I wanted to play it and I remember him telling me that too many people were waiting and I'd never get a turn... it was disappointing, but I was a realist so I never played it.. I actually never played one game of it in an arcade ever.

My brother also pointed out that it was 40 cents for a go when most others at the time were 20 cents and I'd get a longer game as I probably wouldn't be very good at Punch-Out!!!. So I went home without playing it but for weeks I'd walk around the house saying "Mighty Blow, Mighty Blow" and sometimes I'd add "Right Hook". It was weeks later that my brother asked why I was saying, "Mighty Blow" and told me that the game is saying "Body Blow". I had thought it was what was being said when the Knock Out punches were connecting and it took me a while to accept that I was wrong.

I always find it interesting when people complain about a game that I love and when people love a game that I don't feel the love for.

To me, this game is something that I never played a lot of but always wished that I played it more and am enjoying playing it (although, unfortunately, I still haven't put a lot of time into it).

The first time I ever saw this game in an arcade (I had never heard of it prior) was in Orbit 1 in Newcastle. My Nan and Grandfather (Fath) took my brother and I in as a treat, I would have been 8 at the time.

I remember walking in, the room was dark and loud and there was a large crowd around this new game that seemed louder than the rest. The machine looked massive, I stood and watched for a while, only seeing glimpses of actual game play but I could see the top screen and that was enough for me, before moving on to have a few games on other titles but after each game I went back to watch a little more of Punch-Out!!! being played.

I told my brother that I wanted to play it and I remember him telling me that too many people were waiting and I'd never get a turn... it was disappointing, but I was a realist so I never played it.. I actually never played one game of it in an arcade ever.

My brother also pointed out that it was 40 cents for a go when most others at the time were 20 cents and I'd get a longer game as I probably wouldn't be very good at Punch-Out!!!. So I went home without playing it but for weeks I'd walk around the house saying "Mighty Blow, Mighty Blow" and sometimes I'd add "Right Hook". It was weeks later that my brother asked why I was saying, "Mighty Blow" and told me that the game is saying "Body Blow". I had thought it was what was being said when the Knock Out punches were connecting and it took me a while to accept that I was wrong.

I loved the cage looking green guy. That always caught my attention. It was mighty blow? I always thought he said BODY BLOW BODY BLOW.

This game feels clunky, though. Maybe it's MAME. I also do not like how you cannot move if you do poorly against a boxer. Your controls become useless for a split-second.

I loved the cage looking green guy. That always caught my attention. It was mighty blow? I always thought he said BODY BLOW BODY BLOW.

This game feels clunky, though. Maybe it's MAME. I also do not like how you cannot move if you do poorly against a boxer. Your controls become useless for a split-second.

It is Body Blow, I was wrong when I was younger and thought it said Mighty Blow.

I grew up in a majority Italian-American town and everyone I knew thought “Pizza Pasta” was pretty funny. Not sure a company would get away with that sort of thing now.

They should have an Australian fighter called Wallaby Vegamite or something...

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Day 17 of 17 ...

Score submissions for Game 5 - Punch-Out!! are now closed.

Final Results ...

j8TLh5z.pngNLt6ONU.jpg

Now this was a very skillful game to work out when to punch, when to duck, and when to block. Sometimes it’s all in the eyes. Sometimes it’s luck.

95K+ is very good on this game for newcomers and those trying to improve their game. Well gamed spectre, TodayIsForgotten, Snjspiteri, ILLSeaBass, gadzooks, Vikleroy, Blackflag82, Dr Curleytek, Pessimeister, creech, Duaber, SectionZ and Derek. 200K to 95K earned upper scoreboard honors from 2nd place to 14th place. Well done!

7m1T1sQ.gif

Congratulations to Hector Rodriguez for winning Game 5. Scoring 2 million points, the arcade machine almost broke down when Hector flies in with gloves on hands to be the champ of this boxing challenge.

CHmlXmu.png

Game 6 Road Fighter and Game 7 BurgerTime are both currently in play … a road race and a cook race to make for a pair of extreme gaming challenges …

swordfight

Could play yesterday...I was pretty much hung over haha!

[ATTACH]129910[/ATTACH]

I was too busy doing this

[ATTACH]129911[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]129912[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]129913[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I'm guessing by these pics you are a past player for Collingwood? Sry if you are, not that I'm a massive fan any more I don't recognise you as a player - what is your real name if you were a past player?

I'm guessing by these pics you are a past player for Collingwood? Sry if you are, not that I'm a massive fan any more I don't recognise you as a player - what is your real name if you were a past player?

Lol! At 5"5, very unlikely to be a player...haha!

No I went with Paul Licuria who is my boss. He asked me to come along because he knows that Im a big AFL fan...I actually follow the Bombers.

It was a great afternoon, I had Nick Maxwell, Alan Didak, Chris Tarrent and Ben Johnson on my table and spent the arvo drinking and helped me get some inside goss.

I met Eddie and I have to say...he can certainly spin off a 5 minute speech of the top of his head easily....but he was very welcoming towards me.

They had the premiership team of 1958 there too (whats left of them)...significant cause they were the team that won the 4th premiership in a row....a record that stands today.

I also mt Peter McKenna who kicked just under 900 goals.....he's defiantly getting on a bit.

So yeah...great afternoon/night.

Paul has often invited me to some special events with Collingwood and Im always grateful for every invite :)

Edited by gadzooks