Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

CrAzY KoNg PCB Rom Swapping - PLS HELP

davefrank421

Question

Ok guys... I have 2 crazy kong pcb's. :021:

#1) Falcon Crazy Kong [part2]

#2) ORCA Crazy Kong with BIG KONG roms

Here is my question..:unsure I just bought a eeprom programmer... (:DYAH!:D) should be here in 3days or so!

Well I wanna know if anyone out there has converted ether of these two pcb's into different games buy programming & swapping the roms?

Im sure that my orca was rom swapped to be big kong instead of crazy kong :023:

Like could I take my falcon pcb & rom swap it to pac-gal? crazy kong (not part2), ect... and so on and so on.....

With or with out pcb hack (aka jumper wires all over the place)

Thanks any help would be amazing!

orca-falcon.jpg

8 answers to this question

I doubt you can convert either to a completely different game unless it's one based on Crazy Kong hardware (which Pac-Gal isn't). The Big Kong roms will work on either board though, as I burned a set and have used them on both PCB's (I have both Falcon and 2 different Orca sets). The Orca one should have the same colors as the Falcon one. The one that doesn't (with the ugly colors) has a daughterboard for the Z80 with some other TTL chips on it. If you want to convert the Falcon one to CK part 1, you'll need to to replace the 6 program ROMs (which should be 7-12) with the 5 used in CK part 1 (and leave the socket that contained #12 empty). 13 and 14 are ROMs with the Crazy Climber samples, those stay in the same spot. You'll also need to replace the 3 color PROMs (I think all 3 would need to be replaced, never tried it myself)

dunno if that helps any, but it's a start :D

I doubt you can convert either to a completely different game unless it's one based on Crazy Kong hardware (which Pac-Gal isn't). The Big Kong roms will work on either board though, as I burned a set and have used them on both PCB's (I have both Falcon and 2 different Orca sets). The Orca one should have the same colors as the Falcon one. The one that doesn't (with the ugly colors) has a daughterboard for the Z80 with some other TTL chips on it. If you want to convert the Falcon one to CK part 1, you'll need to to replace the 6 program ROMs (which should be 7-12) with the 5 used in CK part 1 (and leave the socket that contained #12 empty). 13 and 14 are ROMs with the Crazy Climber samples, those stay in the same spot. You'll also need to replace the 3 color PROMs (I think all 3 would need to be replaced, never tried it myself)

dunno if that helps any, but it's a start :D

thank you for the info... this is 100% what i was looking for.... :D

I did get to thinking though, there's a couple games on boardsets similar to the Orca Crazy Kong one...River Patrol and Silverland, by Orca and Falcon. They both use the same driver in MAME, but I have no idea what it'd take to convert to either one, if it's possible. Or you could buy this one on ebay for $6688 USD :rolleyes

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282806950538?item=282806950538&rmvSB=true

I did get to thinking though, there's a couple games on boardsets similar to the Orca Crazy Kong one...River Patrol and Silverland, by Orca and Falcon. They both use the same driver in MAME, but I have no idea what it'd take to convert to either one, if it's possible. Or you could buy this one on ebay for $6688 USD :rolleyes

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282806950538?item=282806950538&rmvSB=true

Was: US $7,040.00

You save: $352.00 (5% off)

Price: US $6,688.00

WOW I better buy it now!!:021: :lol:lol:lol :021:

- - - Updated - - -

wow did you see the crazy kong this guy is selling? his picture are AMAZING for the low price of US $3,838.00

Must be SUPER OOOOBER RARE cuz iv never herd of Sega Falcom... :p

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Falcom-Arcade-game-Arcade-system-board-Crazy-Cong-Used-Good-condition-A56/282806927687?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D44039%26meid%3D5c7c21ed4888482083f28b6ff06b9b04%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D282806950538%26itm%3D282806927687&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851