64 Post(s)
    That is amazing! great job!

State
    Brisbane, QLD
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    517 Post(s)

A week shy of 12 months from starting the build, it's finally completed.
    A big thanks to all who helped me along the way with solving the electronics challenges I had and a big thanks to @MamePatrol and @stuzza for their effort with the artwork.
    And thanks to everyone who commented and gave positive feedback throughout the build.

Here some pics of the back and inside...

For anyone crazy enough to attempt a build like this I've added a link to my Google Drive with all the info, artwork and plans I've collected throughout the build.
    You'll need Design Spark Mechanical software to open any of the .rsdoc CAD files.

Design Spark Mechanical Software...
    https://www.rs-online.com/designspar...nical-software

Google Drive folder
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GI...08PyZzl1geXpkP

Imgur folder
    https://imgur.com/a/gsJEHh9

Last edited by Kaizen; 6th May 2019 at 07:41 PM.
    Namco Starblade - Taito Cocktail 14" x 3, 20" x 2 - NZ SI PtII Upright - Chase HQ DX, Taito Top Speed - Taito Grand Champion - Taito Safari - LAI SI Head to Head Cocktail - SI Cocktail Clone x 2, Pong Clone x 3

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)
    Excellent work,

Thanks for documenting and sharing.

Loved the purple.

Red
    Shadow, Comet, PZ, Spanish Eyes, Dogies, CP, BBBB, Gridiron, Jungle Lord, Gorgar, FlyHigh Playfield and Backglass, Centrelink Kiosk, Jim Beam Dart board, Vendmax Lolly Dispenser
    Indy500, Sprint2 & Indy2 project, TX Sector, Bone Busters Inc, Victory, Raven Gottlieb Sys80B's,Mars God Of War, F-14(project)
    Elvira and Bluechip (given to Dad)

State
    Brisbane, QLD
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    517 Post(s)

Just after a little help from one of the Illustrator gurus, I need to get this coin door reject button insert in a clean PDF file, A4 sheet size with the same image repeated four times, just black and white.
    The size of each insert needs to be 19mm x 26mm.

This is what I need it to look like (another example of my awesome paint skills)... Image not to scale.

Here's the file for the logo/emblem...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16O...eVMkOvlZdXTZUS

And the Usuzi font...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DL...V4u82YrKen6kSE

Calibri font for the 20c is fine.
    Last edited by Kaizen; 7th May 2019 at 07:13 PM.
    Namco Starblade - Taito Cocktail 14" x 3, 20" x 2 - NZ SI PtII Upright - Chase HQ DX, Taito Top Speed - Taito Grand Champion - Taito Safari - LAI SI Head to Head Cocktail - SI Cocktail Clone x 2, Pong Clone x 3

State
    Brisbane, QLD
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    517 Post(s)

I just did a quick (19 mins) gameplay video, I'm still tweaking the controls and the Target Light Paractice is ridiculously hard.

Enjoy...

https://youtu.be/Fzv1Sz0_BFI

State
    Wimmera, Victoria
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2103 Post(s)
    Absolutely awesome result, You must be so proud to own a game that never was, Well Done!
    So what's the next never was project, Fix it Felix from the Wreck it Ralph movie?

Gemini2544's 4th Pinball meet Saturday 21/03/2020

State
    Brisbane, QLD
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    517 Post(s)

No more builds for the time being, I have a backlog of PCB repairs to get out the way first, then I'll get back onto my Starblade and Chase HQ DX.

State
    New South Wales
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Glad to see its done! It turned out amazing

State
    Brisbane, QLD
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    517 Post(s)

After playing a few games I've decided that the left (tracking) joystick needs to be changed.
    It's an 8-way like a standard Zippy, the switches are too clicky and there's not enough fine control.
    I'm going to replace the left stick with the same type as the right stick, the left will be programmed as an analogue joystick and the right is seen as a mouse input.

I did a quick test by reprogramming the right stick and it works well.

The coin door reject buttons don't have lights behind them so I wanted to fit some LEDs to illuminate them.
    I had some old LED striplights but they can only be cut into groups of three (if you cut just one off and wire it up to 12v it won't work).

I removed the LEDs from the strip and fitted a 1k resistor to the supply and glued them to the housing.
    Perfect solution...

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread Information