Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Would You Buy A Dedicated Home Edition Pinball?

Autosteve

Just curios if it is the machine you like or the fact it looks like it could make money.

Does the coin slots make that much difference on a machine you would purchase for home use?.

Here are a couple of examples of "dedicated home pinballs".

http://webdebris.com/70s/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/bally_pinball_machine_fireball_1977.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_RL4UuEhnH1Y/S-8KNhhQZXI/AAAAAAAADuI/QgWXny8Eu6Y/s1600/image-1.jpg

516d7f757d07aecca94abf3bfedf14f5acf544d5.jpg

540x360.jpg

s-l400.jpg

vintage-1977-wico-big-top-home-pinball-machine-390-7aed32c4c19e70a48df55850f445abc4.jpg

s-l1600-3.jpg

http://joshkaplan0.tripod.com/aspen2.jpg

Flyer-Fischer-skyhawk2frontwtmk.jpg

antique-star-explorer-home-pinball-machine-works_1_9b517f62f0329c5929c1d453d3ecaac5.jpg

Stern_PIN_TransformerBOTH.jpg

Looks like Stern thought of the idea but it didn't happen...

https://www.vendingtimes.com/articles/stern-debuts-pin-platform-for-consumers-lowcost-pi-9436?iid=1AD2754B87B14A9B9CF1E01E3C4B2BCC

As you can see there have been many made by a host of manufacturers over the years.

I actually don't mind the look of the having the artwork on the most visible side on the pin to tell you the truth.

A little less industrial in appearance and probably more suited for the home on the eye.

I know these type of machines, "dedicated Home editios" were probably unfeasible when pinballs actually were making money and the extra costs involved on making these type of machines in the factory would have been high but those days are gone.

Maybe the switch should be to making Home Editions as the main units produced and coin earners on request?

I suspect savings could be made if the factory was tooled up to make mainly Home editions instead of them pretending there machines are still making money.

It may be controversial what I say here to some but to me it is all about saving an industry and stop the ridiculous price rises on new machines that are quickly killing the industry that is to slow to respond to a much changed market.

Something it has been very guilty of in the past.

Comments?.

Every Home Version has basically been a flop, from the ones in the late 70's, Sterns Transformers home version 5 years ago, and the current Spiderman home version.... almost no one takes any notice of them as people want the real thing.

If you are really interested, stern home version of Spider Man is actually still in production, you can go buy one if you want to help promote the home pinball manufacturing.

- - - Updated - - -

Would not be in a hurry to buy one but have a question.

If you can't open the coin door, how do you undo the lockdown bar, remove the glass and lift playfield in order to fix stuff ?

on the new Stern home versions ("The Pin"), apparently the glass lifts up like getting to the engine of a car - like the late 60s early 70s ballys...... but im unsure if the glass is locked down in any way.

Considering SPIKE was originally used in the Home Edition machines as a much cheaper platform and there was zero price reduction passed onto customers when SPIKE started being used in the standard machines, I have little faith any form of cost cutting will result in price reduction.

I'ts even worse than buying a pro. More stripped out. Look at the Capt Fantastic, no drop targets. Stern Transformers Home version was altered even more than Pro.

I would be happy to buy one if they didn't take so much out of them. I want the complete game. I buy the LE's because i want the game the designer intended it to be not a cheaper stripped out version.

I hate the 3 tier market but Stern have to be given credit for finding that they can get away with it.