Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Dragon's Lair

SOLD

I swore I'd never sell it but I have bills piling up and need to get on top of things so it has to go.

I'm offering it here for what I paid for it which is $3500.

It'll also go up on Gumtree today for much more so the lowballers can offer me what I'm asking here.

It was fully restored by Johns Arcade and plays like new.

The Laserdisc player has been upgraded and there's a spare one included in the sale.

It's still wired for 120v US but I have a stepdown transformer (sitting next to the cab in the first image) that I can install so you can run it directly off 240v (will take me about 30 mins to do) which I'll get done later today.

I won't accept less than $3500.

EUHmkwD.jpg

Zr3akcg.jpg

Edited by Kaizen

I swore I'd never sell it but I have bills piling up and need to get on top of things so it has to go.

I'm offering it here for what I paid for it which is $3500.

It'll also go up on Gumtree today for much more so the lowballers can offer me what I'm asking here.

It was fully restored by Johns Arcade and plays like new.

The Laserdisc player has been upgraded and there's a spare one included in the sale.

It's still wired for 120v US but I have a stepdown transformer (sitting next to the cab in the first image) that I can install so you can run it directly off 240v (will take me about 30 mins to do) which I'll get done later today.

I won't accept less than $3500.

EUHmkwD.jpg

Zr3akcg.jpg

Damn that's nice. If I could afford it I'd buy it in a heartbeat! Good luck with the sale!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Video of cab running.

I let him die to go through the first 4 stages then played through the last stage for a quick video.

The audio is set to play one every 5 cycles.

I can do another video on request showing the attract mode audio and play through a bit longer on request.

Edited by Kaizen

Video of cab running.

I let him die to go through the first 4 stages then played through the last stage for a quick video.

The audio is set to play one every 5 cycles.

I can do another video on request showing the attract mode audio and play through a bit longer on request.

Request! I love the announcer on DL!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

There was one at Hoyts Cinema in Sydney, I usually played one game of Dragon's Lair then put the rest of my change into the Star Wars Cockpit that was also there.

They are my two grail games that bring back fond childhood memories.

• 2 weeks later...
There was one at Hoyts Cinema in Sydney, I usually played one game of Dragon's Lair then put the rest of my change into the Star Wars Cockpit that was also there.

They are my two grail games that bring back fond childhood memories.

Maxi's accross the road had a stand up Star Wars which I found easier to play. At the time I thought the Dragons Lair was to expensive, compared to the twenty cents it used to cost for Space Invaders, then forty cents, then a dollar. I think Dragons Lair was a dollar, which went really fast, until your started to learn it.

We used to go across there as well, I remember one time around 1986 when we were confronted by 'The Bomber Boys'?? with a smartarse kid about 10-12 years old standing in front of a large number of his crew chanting "We want your Reeboks, don't think we won't take them, we're gonna smash you...".

There were only three of us and we ran as fast as we could back across George St to Hoyts and didn't go back there for a while.

Wild times they were... anyone else have a similar experience?

Edited by Kaizen

Dragon's Lair

We used to get Welcome Spring fireworks, fold them over and tape them. Perfect, really loud bungers. Light one and throw it into the stairwell leading down into McDonalds, or into the crowd standing and watching the buskers that used frequent there. We were bastards now I look back. Also nerds too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember a penny banger getting thrown under the table in an Atco site hut at smoko. The explosion was so bloody loud I actually thought one of the old timers had a heart attack and dropped dead, we got closer to check him out and he sprung to life to give us a fright having the last laugh on us.

Once when I was 13 a bunch of us caught the train to Melbourne to play the arcades, movies etc. At the end of the day we had about an hour to kill before our train left. We found an arcade where you walk down the stairs, could of been in Flinders Street. (not the one that had the Maccas to the left. It was empty except for a bunch of kids on the other side of the arcade. They soon came over to us and wanted all our money and they would not let us leave until we gave it to them. As it was the end of the day we had all spent our cash and had nothing to give. We got out side and they followed then lined us all up in front of a shop checking our pockets. It was peak hour and hundreds of people walked passed and did not help. One of our mates ran so we all did. There were cops around the corner and that was when they stoped chasing us. We made our train with only minutes to spare. Never went back to that arcade lol.