Thread: The Future of the MGL

State
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    518 Post(s)

Dips are a bit subjective,
    I'd hate to play Commando on "Difficult" - It's hard enough on Normal.
    Though I don't find Wonder Boy all that much more difficult on Hard compared to Easy.

I'd prefer everyone play with the provided dips so we are all playing the same thing.

Dips should be subjectively chosen (eg. Harder to avoid marathon games or easier
    for games that are just coin eaters). I don't think MGL should follow TG's dips but if
    they match or there is minimal impact on using TG's dips then thats fine too.

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    289 Post(s)
    its easy enough to create a track on tg with different dip settings. so if the dips are hard and not fun. its possible to create a new track and if 50 people are playing the game and even half those people submit an inp to tg. the new track would have more scores then a lot of games on there anyway.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

State
    Auckland
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    299 Post(s)
    What about 2 "divisions" one for the hard core players on a set of rules that conform to TG and a basic one for the just some fun guys ?

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    Maybe just let OOO run these World Comps like he is as that is obviously what he wants to do, but in between world comps it would be nice to have an AA MGL Home comp, where we play default with just pics, only promoted on AA with scores only promoted on AA. Old school comp back to roots MGL with prizes of a virtual medal To me that would be the best of both worlds
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

State
    Redlands
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2064 Post(s)
    Or somebody could step up and run an old school comp and take the pressure off OOO.
    When did MGL become so serious?

State
    Auckland
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    299 Post(s)
    A thought occurred to me a few days ago that the main reason I haven't played in a MGL yet is that most of the games are not games I grew up with, and was thinking about looking in to possibly running a very back to basics honesty system (screen shots only ) on a set of maybe 5 to 10 games from the late 80s to mid 90s maybe of one manufatutre. what are people think of that idea?

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcade King View Post
    Only recently when it was spread from it's roots at AA to now encompass TG and apparently the whole world, AA now just features at the bottom of the banner with TG at the top
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1428 Post(s)
    When Twin Galaxies, large cash prizes, and heaps more Arcade Elite got involved is when it became more serious I guess.

Maybe a Minor League MGL ? End of a season, the top performers from the minor league get promoted to the Worlds (if they want), and the bottom guys in the Worlds go back to the minor leagues

State
    Brisbane - Wakerley
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    492 Post(s)
    Or somebody could step up and run an old school comp and take the pressure off OOO.
    Shirley you cant be serious....

I guess if you have a good thing, people enjoy it then you start to attract better players who want to beat each other while enjoying the banter that goes along with it. Snowball kinda thing

A lot like the early pinball comps used to be, a brew and a giggle, then someone turned up with a rule book and a roll of blue tape...

I still think the growth is a great thing, just need to manage it going foward

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade
    "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

State
    wa
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    iv been apart now of the MGL for almost 2 years and I love it even the games I don't I enjoy because I'm discovering new games I never new as a kid but the main thing that attracted to me about this competions was the honest policy take a screenshot and post so far I have not felt that anyone has cheated and I would hate to have to submit inps but with cash prizes it does bring trouble but I'm sure ooo will handle it and make the right decisions for everyone for the best video game tournament in the world

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information