Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Are the cables on the yolk tied to the tube or the chassis. Here are two examples with differing cable placements.

IMG_1867.JPG.89bf28144909fbd6065bb00926a21a79.JPG

IMG_1866.JPG.ade4a15148a68ac3486b30e3a34229ca.JPG

Are the position of the cables important for the signal from the chassis or important for the function of the yolk? Does that make any sense at all?

My thinking is, if you swap a chassis onto a tube, do you rewire the yolk with the chassis cables or stick with the yolk wiring, if different?

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

Are the cables on the yolk tied to the tube or the chassis. Here are two examples with differing cable placements.

[ATTACH]128194[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]128195[/ATTACH]

Are the position of the cables important for the signal from the chassis or important for the function of the yolk? Does that make any sense at all?

My thinking is, if you swap a chassis onto a tube, do you rewire the yolk with the chassis cables or stick with the yolk wiring, if different?

I would think the wires go to the same place on the "yoke" despite them looking different.

I say don't rewire

Just use your ohmeter to make sure the same pins (On the chassis plug) give the same readings on each yoke

• 4 weeks later...

CRT yolk

I would think the wires go to the same place on the "yoke" despite them looking different.

I say don't rewire

Just use your ohmeter to make sure the same pins (On the chassis plug) give the same readings on each yoke

Sadly the readings are different by a factor of 10. I saw a video on YouTube of a guy modifying the yolk wires to change the ohms. This stuff remains voodoo magic to me still. I need to find some detailed text books I think. Or find a witch doctor. Hehe