Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

How often we play our pins?

Glenn70

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this has been covered, but I am interested in how often and what times of the day/week people usually play their pins. In other words, what are your playing habits?

For me, it’s when I am in the mood and when time permits. Obviously the commitments of family life can be trying with school/kinder, food shopping and preparation, house cleaning/upkeep and duties, garden maintenance, walking dog, pressure from wife to do ‘family stuff’, etc. Don't get me wrong, my family will always come first, but trying to find my pin time can be challenging at times. Although I only work part time, I find myself playing my machines late at night after work when Mrs and kids asleep. I find I get into ‘the zone’ and play better without the interruptions of mobile phone and kids. The pins get turned on for 30-60 mins and I really enjoy myself. Next year when both kids at school, I will most likely play more, but currently, I play 1-2 times a week - so not much really.

Is ‘personal pinball time’ completely random when time permits or do you have arranged session times? I’ve heard of guys playing their machines for hours on a specific night of the week and only on that night. I am considering starting 'FPT' (Family Pinball Time) every Tuesday from 6pm after dinner, but don't want to force kids to play of course, as it might turn them off it. My Mrs will just hog TWD for the entire time anyway!

Do guys without machines (or small collections) play pins on site more than guys with larger collections?

Do you play a certain title when in a certain mood? If I am in a shit mood, I generally play an easier title.

Also, your thoughts on just turning a machine on for 30 mins or should it remain on longer? Will it effect longevity of a machine? I assume it wouldn't.

Looking forward to replies people.

Cheers, Glenn

I like to play mine everyday and try and have a go at all of them... Sometimes I like to just sit and watch the flashing lights like a camp fire in awe of its beauty... and sometimes on the rare occasion I like to watch others play them. I try to give them all a good clean and check every month so I know they all operate as they should and if I walk past a site machine its a guilty pleasure to punish it a little bit to see how durable it can be (I'm not a big button smasher and dancer and machine wobbler when it comes to playing pinball) so it's good to test how durable they can be... Kinda like when pensioners drop their last dollar into the pokies on pay day and lose. (that can be horrific to witness) they smash them machines really really hard sometimes.

Sent from my G8141 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

I like to play mine everyday and try and have a go at all of them... Sometimes I like to just sit and watch the flashing lights like a camp fire in awe of its beauty... and sometimes on the rare occasion I like to watch others play them. I try to give them all a good clean and check every month so I know they all operate as they should and if I walk past a site machine its a guilty pleasure to punish it a little bit to see how durable it can be (I'm not a big button smasher and dancer and machine wobbler when it comes to playing pinball) so it's good to test how durable they can be... Kinda like when pensioners drop their last dollar into the pokies on pay day and lose. (that can be horrific to witness) they smash them machines really really hard sometimes.

Sent from my G8141 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

That's great you try and play daily. I know what you mean just sitting and watching as they are so good looking and I reckon they are like pieces of art. Good to see you check and clean them monthly, as good habit to get into.

I used to be more physical when I played when I was younger but now on my own or other privately owned machines - never. Maybe sited ones I may move and nudge a little but that's expected by most players I'm tipping, on sited machines.

Re pokies - I hardly ever attend these venues, so good not to see what goes on there with financially struggling people losing the last of their money.

After repairing a customers machine. I will usually put a dozen or so games through it.

Other than that, any sited machine that has two working flippers and a working coin mech I will play.

See, I do my bit to help the longevity of the industry.:D

I guess I like the idea of loosing money if I don't play good enough.

Last week down the farm where I only have the Black Pyramid, my mates and I usually play for a couple of hours after some hard work during the day, I thought of just running a tally on this machine set on street settings to see just how much we would have payed to play the games as if it was sited as the manufacturer intended.

It worked out 3 games per round, there were 3 of us so $3 a round minus replays, specials etc.

All we needed to remember was how many times each of us has won a round and remember how many times the coin reject button is pushed, (that puts up another 3 games).

After the session we counted up how many wins we each had, add them together and times it by 3 to give the total games played in the session and remembered how many times that coin reject button was pushed during the session because we needed more credits and that gives you how much that machine sited would have cost to play.

So, that 7 game session of 3 players each round works out at 21 games but the coin reject button was pushed 5 times or 15 games after the seven rounds meaning 15 games we would have paid for the 21 games.

It turned out just one session, 7 games each, on street settings would have cost us $15.

What this little exercise demonstrated to us was we all weren't quite as good as we thought we were.:o

• 3 weeks later...
No 4 player score LED basics here. Tables were so empty in the early 80s. (Lack of ramps) In saying that my EM 72 Gottlieb at least had a big rotating spinner target in the gutz. Edited by ozimoose