Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

I'm going down the 'Champion Pub'... Again.

• Super Moderator

Here we go again, Tidy Up, Round Two..ding ding. Got Fish Tales back on its legs so its about time to get Champion Pub on its side..! Get pissed, push it over. ;)

A few hours in and got all the bits off to take to the powdercoaters tomorrow.. Hopefully have the cab nice and bare and rubbed back also..

Its quite surprising how quick these things come apart when you're in the zone.

CsQoFzD.jpg

u6gtj6H.jpg

i5S5OM1.jpg

ZjQdD6T.jpg

The machine is actually worse than it looks in the pictures, so it'll be good to get it in better shape.. Hopefully Wayne can get the decals in the post tomorrow..

Time to call it a night though..

• Super Moderator

So its interesting in that while Fish Tales responded better to the heat gun and scraper, Champion Pub definitely was a sanding job - the art came off easily and smooth..

gfDNymY.jpg

KBNDORR.jpg

Over all the cabinet is solid, though a few chew out marks on some corners. At the moment they are bogged up, but with the rain and damp atmosphere, its taking its time to go off..

i6iqtJD.jpg

Meanwhile, time to strip down the head box, and again, whilst Fist Tales was a paint stripper and scrape job, CP was definitely a heat gun and scraper.. It seem's all methods must be explored to get the best result.

EIpYxxl.jpg

Bogged up all the leading edges of the back box - determined that this is going to be smooth, so hopefully that'll happen.

vtr85BQ.jpg

Dropped off all the bits for powder coating this morning..

4 x Legs / 2 x Side Rails / 1 x Lock Down Bar / 2 x Back Box Hinges - I think the quote was less than $140 all up.. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Super Moderator

Bit of an update - got the decals today, so time to press on.

I got the cabinet sorted the other weekend, fill, bog, sand & paint - pretty boring stuff. I gave the insides a good clean and a light sand and got some clear lacquer - gave if a few coats on the inside with a brush, and for little effort the result is very satisfying.

vtr85BQ.jpg

KyzZezD.jpg

8PqtqZK.jpg

LBxcdhT.jpg

Applied the decals this afternoon and they went on really well - pretty happy with the result so far.

7aPK2fp.jpg

figLxs5.jpg

xoNOSkt.jpg

3ioimxh.jpg

gxRf9Nj.jpg

Waiting on the powder-coaters so I can move along with the rest of it - hopefully tomorrow.. They are a bit behind schedule, was hoping to collect the bits last Friday.. Ah well.

All things being equal this should be playable in a few days time.

Top work mate. Hey you did cut the decals around those steel protectors didn't you? If not, do this as a priority, otherwise the decals will wrinkle once the legs are installed and there is movement.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Super Moderator

So I finally got the trim bits back from the powder-coaters - very nice.. So a day of assembly, getting the playfield back in, adding mirror blades and ledding the machine.

So this is where we are up to as of now. Not much else to do really, replace an opto and then give the playfield a good clean. I think without a rotisserie or a suitable stand, its much easier to clean when in the cab.

Anyway, a couple of pics - what do you think of the trim colour..?

5nyO5cog.jpg

sT35ReH.jpg

NxWpPOH.jpg

Scored an Addams earlier in the week too ;)

• Super Moderator
Nice! Very nice. What’s next? You’ve pumped 2 out in record time already may as well do a third!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Underway.. ;)

dR8VQeV.jpg

• 2 weeks later...