Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 35 - Game 3 ~ Track & Field (closes 6-May)

trac0000.png.62fc5edc014579965dacd2f718f51e87.png

big improvement, since I managed to qualify on 1 of the hammer throws. Also trying out an old PS2 type controller so I can mash the buttons on it instead of ruining my laptop keyboard. Dunno if it helped any, but it didn't hurt.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ATTACH]128585[/ATTACH]

Hey you did it! Well done! 81,160 points ... you are moving up within the Top 10 ... :023:

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]128526[/ATTACH]

big improvement, since I managed to qualify on 1 of the hammer throws. Also trying out an old PS2 type controller so I can mash the buttons on it instead of ruining my laptop keyboard. Dunno if it helped any, but it didn't hurt.

Of course it helped, you almost doubled your score! ... :035:

- - - Updated - - -

Waste of time submitting this really. 230 point increase that has absolutely no bearing on the standings but here it is anyway. :rolleyes

At least I haven't deleted the rom.......yet :p

:lol :lol :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Day 10 of 17 ...

RfbTORc.png

So fixed the dip switches so its game over after the high jump but the best i can produce is

[ATTACH=CONFIG]128612[/ATTACH]

You guys are good!! Need more speed!! Ha ha ha

Also you need dip switches at difficulty Normal ... :)

1814147248_SMK_trackfld_81630_wolf106.png.8c9b4c05473d9b8d5663cd0a61076ffb.png

Got my workout for the day. Decided to not go for the 1k bonus on the high jump because I needed the extra tries in the event I faulted. Besides, I believe each successful jump over the bar awards you 500 points so it wasn't worth risking me faulting with no tries left. I just bombed on the high jump. 3 more jumps over the bar would have given me 1,500 more points and a nice spot in 2nd place for now. I'll revisit this one again when I get my heart rate down below 200.:D

I know there's still 6 days to go but Track n Field can officially go F#@$ ITSELF!!!

Finally get a half decent run (by my current standards) going and what do I do? Headbutt the 2.25m high jump.

I'm done with this one. It can join Bomb Jack in the "deleted rom" department while I still have a small degree of sanity left

[ATTACH=CONFIG]128619[/ATTACH]

it's soon good...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]128625[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]128620[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]128621[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]128622[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]128623[/ATTACH]

and it's past ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]128624[/ATTACH]

giphy.gif

Yup, that's some World class High Jumping there! And the amount of clearance on the 2.49 pic looks like enough to do 2.51 which I've managed a few times. What techniques are you using? This can come in handy for further WR attempts.

Thanks

Hec

I just can't high jump...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]128693[/ATTACH]

Looks like you are taking off too far out from the bar.

Run in closer to the bar and just tap the action button quickly once so you get a close to 90deg takeoff. once your dude looks like he is going to clear the bar, then adjust the angle a little at a time to get you over the bar.

Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy!

Also, tap the run buttons when your dude is on his way up, to give him a boost.

LOL cleared 2.15m - didn't realise you can change angle in the air :o

Anyway sucked from there.

0002.png.75ad4a0e71f06c090d0a40796548a804.png

Just had a terrible thought - can you change angle THE OTHER WAY using button 3??? If so, OMG!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]128618[/ATTACH]

Got my workout for the day. I'll revisit this one again when I get my heart rate down below 200.

:049: :laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

giphy.gif

So that's how it's done ... :applause:

- - - Updated - - -

64,310 - a bit better

Nice!

Yup, that's some World class High Jumping there! And the amount of clearance on the 2.49 pic looks like enough to do 2.51 which I've managed a few times. What techniques are you using? This can come in handy for further WR attempts.

Thanks

Hec

I do not have any special technique ... just do not stop running (fast), do not jump too early and measure the angle

I do not know if I have already made more than 2m49 ... I also remember the 2m51 is the maximum that I saw on the game ... but I do not remember if I the have done :unsure :tequila::laugh:

I do not have any special technique ... just do not stop running (fast), do not jump too early and measure the angle

I do not know if I have already made more than 2m49 ... I also remember the 2m51 is the maximum that I saw on the game ... but I do not remember if I the have done :unsure :tequila::laugh:

I know how to do the High Jump. I've done 2.51 before. It's just not easy. And your screen shot shows you high enough to clear 2.51 and you other events don't display the same speeds needed for that height. So I thought you had a special technique that might be useful for me. I would like to beat my WR someday and the HJ and the 100m are the keys to that.

Hec