Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Cftbl restorations

So I picked up a project half complete creech and I’m going to try save it. I’ve also got my old very players condition creech back.

9a50b4b0536b840b34796d7bc2661cc2.jpg 40647e48c056fa41806ad723ed143551.jpg

Thought I’d start with the playfield. The project one is in pretty good condition really. No real damage to report but has the usual snack bar hole wear. The pink is really washed out on this one. I know there was two different colours. This one is very faded. 2419ed328f854a38bb338836e21c2db5.jpg

You can see where the original colour is that was under the ball guide. 47e68af22def3a0ced6c96ed8d344dff.jpg

I like the darker pink so this will never do.

Mixed a few sample colours and tested against the two playfields. I have a darker pink in the players one. b1a4bd864e155ca921f92d2201a1cb52.jpg995859a351254b0fca9fed32bbca7c92.jpg

See if you can guess which one I used?

b4cbc65cdac1e9619498103f5d75cd53.jpgad613b0600c2a9db4e48305e07d9a4f4.jpg4a11c3642e9474632100086a3815b08b.jpg689c0634b4695d7e3126c918e1793695.jpg

Still have some black and yellow around the snack bar to touch up and then off to get a clear. The snack bar wear has been filled with resin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boof I have looked at your pics and am trying to understand what you did to touch up that playfield as from 9th pic it looks like largish whole areas have been painted over

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

That picture is after I’d taken the paper off. There is frisket/painters mask on the playfield. If you can zoom in you’ll notice it. It’s like a contact film. Took around 3 hrs to trim all the pink bits last night. Very time consuming!

Thanks guys. Yes you got to have patience for sure. Trimming around the popcorn and ladder were fun. NOT! I swear I was going cross eyed for a while. 3 hrs prep for 30 seconds of spraying.

I’ll be using 2pac automotive flex. Got a spray painter mate who does them for me. I’ll get it all prepped and he’ll shoot a few coats on for me when doing clear on a car.

Boof I have looked at your pics and am trying to understand what you did to touch up that playfield as from 9th pic it looks like largish whole areas have been painted over

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I was scratching my head on that one too until I read the answer to your question

I use createx acrylic. I’ve had great results with them. Never used anything else to be honest.

Do you use the normal Createx Colours or the Wicked Auto Air? I used to use Createx Colours but got fed up with them drying too dark. Interested to know if the pink changed much.

Do you use the normal Createx Colours or the Wicked Auto Air? I used to use Createx Colours but got fed up with them drying too dark. Interested to know if the pink changed much.

Yes I just use the normal createx colours. I found the paint to dry a little darker too but doesn’t change with the clear. I mix some up a little light and put on some clear plastic sheet, dry it with a heat gun and put it over the area. If it’s good beautiful, if not mix it darker. Some colours are worse for drying darker too. Yellow and red are two I hate.

I also learned that it looks a little transparent until it’s dry. Put it on way too thick the first time.Doh!