Thread: Cftbl restorations

State
    Ballina NSW
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    280 Post(s)
    Sweet!
    Yeah I have used them as well with good results also. I will need to get a new air brush for next time though.
    WTB: A TRANSFORMER THAT SUIT'S: BR, BSD, BoP, CftBL, DW, FH, FT, GI, HD, HS2, Hurricane, PZ, Slugfest_92, T2, TAF, TAFG, TZ, WH2O. PART NUMBER 5610-12835-00

State
    Wa
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Cftbl restorations

All done and ready for clear coating now. Snack bar all sorted. Went from this

To this

And finished.

And the mega menu insert orange fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

State
    Sydney, NSW
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    484 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boof ed View Post
    I use createx acrylic. I’ve had great results with them. Never used anything else to be honest.

Do you use the normal Createx Colours or the Wicked Auto Air? I used to use Createx Colours but got fed up with them drying too dark. Interested to know if the pink changed much.

State
    Wa
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ocyen View Post
    Do you use the normal Createx Colours or the Wicked Auto Air? I used to use Createx Colours but got fed up with them drying too dark. Interested to know if the pink changed much.
    Yes I just use the normal createx colours. I found the paint to dry a little darker too but doesnít change with the clear. I mix some up a little light and put on some clear plastic sheet, dry it with a heat gun and put it over the area. If itís good beautiful, if not mix it darker. Some colours are worse for drying darker too. Yellow and red are two I hate.
    I also learned that it looks a little transparent until itís dry. Put it on way too thick the first time.Doh!

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Wow looks great. Im after some touch up paint i will hunt down some createx acrylic paint

State
    Truganina, Victoria
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2775 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowndes88 View Post
    Wow looks great. Im after some touch up paint i will hunt down some createx acrylic paint
    http://airbrushmegastore.com/ - sh!te website but great service

State
    Wa
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

I was very lucky. Got mine from gumtree. 130 or so 60ml bottles for $100. Only 15 of those were used. Under a dollar each. JACKPOT!!

State
    Sunny Coast QLD
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boof ed View Post
    That picture is after Iíd taken the paper off. There is frisket/painters mask on the playfield. If you can zoom in youíll notice it. Itís like a contact film. Took around 3 hrs to trim all the pink bits last night. Very time consuming!

Absolutely beautiful Boof .. looks a treat after all you hard work. A stupid question, but how do you trim? I understand that you used a hobby knife but trying to understand what you trim against to get the areas? If that makes sense. Cheers mate and well done.

State
    Wa
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Cftbl restorations

Cheers JoshZ. I suppose you could say Iím making a stencil from the frisket. Using the scalpel like a pen you have to draw around the areas you want in the particular colour youíre doing. It can be tricky. Press too light and the frisket doesnít cut properly and will pull up when you remove the piece to paint. Press too hard and the scalpel will follow any grain in the playfield ply. Small curved or intricate bits are a bitch!

State
    Wa
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Cftbl restorations

Hereís some it the fun bits. Like I said earlier, 3 hrs prep and I donít think it even took 30 seconds to spray. Guys that are restoring playfields for people earn every cent they charge.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information