State
    Wimmera, Victoria
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1895 Post(s)
    Australia

Portland Tip

I heard something yesterday & I'm not sure if it's total bullshit or is it a true story.

A wealthy woman in the Portland area had a relationship with a bloke & gave him a mancave with many pinball machines & sports memorabilia. She caught him out having an affair and she had all the room contents sent to the tip. If this is true there are 12 Pinball machines & framed signed pictures sitting in a hole there. Anyone local needs to check this story out.. The dumping took place sometime last week.
    My pins: Wild life EM, Top Score Em, Space Mission EM, Target Alpha EM, Cleopatra SS, Pin*Bot SS, Indiana Jones WPC, Black~Rose WPC.
    My Arcades: Funland Rifle EM, Hankin Table 20", Mame 20" Horizontal Cab, 17 in 1 Horizontal 20" cab, Outrun2 sit down game rear projection, Foosball table.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2544 View Post
    I heard something yesterday & I'm not sure if it total bullsh!t or is it a true story.

A wealthy woman in the Portland area had a relationship with a bloke & gave him a mancave with many pinball machines & sports memorabilia. She caught him out having an affair and she had all the room contents sent to the tip. If this is true there are 12 Pinball machines & framed & signed pictures sitting in a hole there. Anyone local needs to check this story out.. The dumping took place sometime last week.
    What’s the chance they were gently placed in a sheltered section of the tip?
    Pins in: Funhouse ~ Taxi ~ Monster Bash LE ~ Whirlwind ~ The Shadow
    Pins out: Star Trek The Next Gen ~ White Water ~ Big Hurt ~ Johnny Mnemonic

State
    Wimmera, Victoria
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1895 Post(s)
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by flynnyfalcon View Post

No idea, maybe there in a shed. As I said maybe a bullshit story....Then again..
    My pins: Wild life EM, Top Score Em, Space Mission EM, Target Alpha EM, Cleopatra SS, Pin*Bot SS, Indiana Jones WPC, Black~Rose WPC.
    My Arcades: Funland Rifle EM, Hankin Table 20", Mame 20" Horizontal Cab, 17 in 1 Horizontal 20" cab, Outrun2 sit down game rear projection, Foosball table.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by flynnyfalcon View Post
    If it's like any of the ones near me tip staff would have taken them out.

Mind you that is a shit load of work to move. If remotely close to true about revenge then ids likely more believe a woman taking a sledge hammer to them rather than dumping at a tip. I know that's why my wife would do!

She'd probably have to hire removalists, whom on hearing the destination would have "disposed" of them by other means (expect ebay/gumtree listings).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

State
    Wimmera, Victoria
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1895 Post(s)
    Australia

I'm wondering if this guy was such a dedicated gamer, Was he a member of AA...

Anyone in Portland lost their toys..

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    885 Post(s)
    Australia
    Reckon it's a crock. Tip guys wouldn't dump the shit. At worst into the shed where they sell anything that remotely looks like it's worth money and works. Did I tell you I found a 500g nugget in my back yard.

Came from my dog unfortunately

State
    nsw
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    333 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by pinball god View Post
    Reckon it's a crock. Tip guys wouldn't dump the shit. At worst into the shed where they sell anything that remotely looks like it's worth money and works. Did I tell you I found a 500g nugget in my back yard.

Came from my dog unfortunately
    Im with you from what i understand she bought the stuff if its true id keep an eye out on ebay or gumtree
    live between the flip and the tilt

State
    Central Coast,NSW
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1875 Post(s)
    New Zealand
    Back in the ol' days (only 20 years ago) the local council really couldn't give a shit about salvaging some one else's dumped stuff. Recycling in its infancy I guess.

Case in point. I had a succession of Commodores circa VH and one day at the tip - yes TIP a bloke was dumping old rusty car gear but in amongst it was 4 alloy SL/E rims - swooped on it, back into the SL/X wagon.

These days its very heavily monitored. Bit of a shame really. Trash police patrolling

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    885 Post(s)
    Australia
    I wanted to clear out the mother inlaws old house stuff and investigated tip charges. Apart from being ridiculous, stuff they can use in the shop is no charge to drop off. Closing down a brothel would be very expensive as dumping a mattress is crazy money.

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1269 Post(s)
    Australia
    [QUOTE=pinball god;1170754 Closing down a brothel would be very expensive as dumping a mattress is crazy money.[/QUOTE]

That's because it comes under Biological Hazards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information