Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 35 - Game 2 ~ Wonder Boy (closes 29-Apr)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was another game which I only ever really played on the C64. (I always remember the TRIAD cracked version!) I never did get to play it on an arcade cabinet, so it's fun to observe the differences. I must admit that I did get some practice on RetroUprising on this game a week or so ago...happy to get a PB first up!

Pessimeister: 207, 450

0001.png.caed32af5a67e060d9f432c258ddc5d7.png

hrOkHp9h.jpg

The bloody imgur android app is totally broken now, I'm going to have to work out a new way to post my pics to the forum ATM I'm sending the pic to my PC via email then uploading the pic to imgur in chrome and getting the link to post here, far too clunky. What are others doing? I don't want to stuff round resizing my pics to upload directly to the forum and I can't send mame screenshots from my cabs as they are not online.

A small improvement: Pessimeister 241, 770 Losing the hammer can be perilous at times, especially on cross-over stages for boss runs...

I'm quite enjoying this; a nice change up from my regular 'shmup diet. ;) Discovering the hidden scoring features is fun, as is the challenge of keeping the skateboard going for as long as strategically possible. My younger sister and I would often play the C64 version on unlimited lives; don't think we ever completed it though! I also like the tension of not quite knowing what's coming up next...

Mechanically, the versions are similar except mainly for the controls. The C64 conversion jumps via joystick diagonal movements, whereas it has its own separate button here. It didn't take me too long to adjust to that, though the dynamic is certainly different.

0003.png.36e8d8744f0d306ff5c270c27d972f4c.png

Incidentally while both of the first two games are bringing back c64 memories - I just purchased an SD2EIC and plan to get my c64 playing again :)

plugged in mine a while back and still working great might have to get one of the sd card adapters as i seem to be missing a few old favorites...