Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 35 - Game 1 ~ Commando (closes 29-Apr)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the first C64 remixes of the Commando in-game tune that I ever heard (by Instant Remedy)

http://remix.kwed.org/files/RKOfiles/Instant%20Remedy%20-%20Commando.mp3

Perhaps it'll inspire some last minute dashes and score-fests. :) High score tune soon to follow!

I've also struggled to improve my score on this; it certainly is harder and less forgiving than the C64 conversion which I like more for the soundtrack alone despite its sprite flicker and slowdown. That said, it's been fun to explore it in greater detail and I'm pleased with the nomination.

Where's your score @OOO, I know you'd do well on this title.

As the MGL Championship Organiser, the games are for you guys and gals to enjoy. I get to watch how well you all improve your play and enjoy the gaming ... :popcorn:

- - - Updated - - -

Day 17 of 17. Score submissions for Game 1 Commando are now closed.

Final Results ...

ayM0VmO.png

As kane posted recently, Commando hasn’t been played in the MGL for 7 years. That’s a very long wait and I must say this game is a tough one to play. Scores over 100K are still a very good result. From 174K at 3rd place down to 100K in 12th place, these gamers achieved these scores worthy of merit: DaLar, Blackflag82, ILLSeaBass, RMacauley, Sawys, Wirre.The.Man, spectre, Barra, fok999 and creech. For others playing this game for the first time, your score is still a win for competing and learning the game!

redelf scores 307K for a great 2nd place.

Congratulations to TodayIsForgotten for winning Game 1, with a very strong score of 1.0527 million points. That’s a lot of combat under fire. Well gamed!

5Wn6Fv5.png

Game 3, Track & Field and Game 4, Galaga are both currently in play … plenty of varied action in the MGL for all …

Normally I'd be really disappointed finishing so low, but probably because I didn't give it a shot. This game is really really tough - to finish so low in the rankings but still with a score 40% as good as the top 10 - I don't feel so bad.

TIF - that score is simply amazing. Those of you who scored 100k+ ----- wow.... brutal brutal first game.